Packers release DT Mike Daniels

The numbers speak for themselves. Went from like 258 tackles over 4 years to only 28 last season.

Another big factor was 1st downs. 3rd and long numbers were way down last year as the D gave up too much yardage on 1st downs. I'm guessing a lot of those yds were given up from his side.

Production, salary and injury was a bad combo for trying to get a trade done and thus the cut.

Wild thought..instead of extending a Packer player, maybe a trade and sign for Gordon?

The numbers speak for themselves. Went from like 258 tackles over 4 years to only 28 last season.

Another big factor was 1st downs. 3rd and long numbers were way down last year as the D gave up too much yardage on 1st downs. I'm guessing a lot of those yds were given up from his side.

Production, salary and injury was a bad combo for trying to get a trade done and thus the cut.

Wild thought..instead of extending a Packer player, maybe a trade and sign for Gordon?
I am not sure I want Gordon. Guy wants top RB money who has had a bunch of injuries. Also not sure he is any better fit for the ML offense then Jones/Williams

Will be interesting what comes of this if Daniels really knew anything or not. He was in GB hosting the 1st every Mike Daniels back to school bash were kids got school supplies. He said that his foot was healing well and to expect him on the field Thursday.
He stood to lose millions. Of course he's going to say he's healing and looking to bring it this year. Very glad Gute can see through all the talk.

They need to get the true quiet superstar, Kenny Clark, extended. If this helps get him and Martinez extended, then hurray for the great move! thumbsup

Daniels signing with the Lions.

Glad to hear Daniels will get a shot somewhere. I don't think this will have any effect on the Packers.

I heard 1 year $9 million on Sirius radio
$9.1 was total value with $7.8 full guarantee. Fact is money was not any issue at all. The money “issue” was leaked by someone in GB to cover their ass since they could not work a trade. Assuming they knew what the hell was going on in the first place. These so called “sources” is another reason i take 95% of these reports with a major grain of salt....clearly there was a trade market.

Last edited:
$9.1 was total value with $7.8 full guarantee. Fact is money was not any issue at all. The money “issue” was leaked by someone in GB to cover their ass since they could not work a trade. Assuming they knew what the hell was going on in the first place. These so called “sources” is another reason i take 95% of these reports with a major grain of salt....clearly there was a trade market.

Well yeah..... it goes back to they were trying to work a trade and must have come off as " We want him gone regardless" Once GB asking price came out (Too high more than likely) folks just waited for their shot once he was released. Wouldn't be the first time/player/team this happened too.

Back