Packers release DT Mike Daniels

Weird, with all those teams needing interior DL help, they couldn't swing a trade. Must have been the salary that was prohibitive. Perhaps the injury concerns played a role as well.

The DL has gotten a lot more athletic. They must have liked what they have seen in Montravius and Keke so far.

Daniels was always more talk than substance. This was a good move. Addition by subtraction.
Main thing in last few years Daniels will be remembered for is pissing his pants during a game.

I think the writing was on the wall that he wasn't going to be back next season - we weren't going to extend him. And that might be the right decision - he certainly hasn't been as good over the last couple years. I just find it odd that you wait until the day before everyone reports. They didn't know they were going to make this decision a month ago? A lot of potential suitors for him have dried up by now.

I think the writing was on the wall that he wasn't going to be back next season - we weren't going to extend him. And that might be the right decision - he certainly hasn't been as good over the last couple years. I just find it odd that you wait until the day before everyone reports. They didn't know they were going to make this decision a month ago? A lot of potential suitors for him have dried up by now.
From rumors he could not be cut back in spring as he could not pass his physical. He passed his physical yesterday allowing the team to cut him without having to pay him a injury settlement.

Not surprising at all. They played without him for the last six games last season, so they know what it means not having him.

If they had decided he was the odd man out but haven't been able to trade him, with as much as he was counting against the salary cap, they couldn't run the risk of sending him out on the practice field for even one day. Reinjuring his foot, a misstep resulting in a knee injury, etc. could have stuck them with a big bill for a player on IR that they didn't want in the first place.

Wow. Did not see that coming. I surprised that they cut him. I'm really surprised that they did not wait until they see how training camp goes. What if they get hit with some injuries? Do they have that much depth?

I always liked him and wish him all the best. Watch. He'll end up at the Vikings.:rolleyes:

Back