Milwaukee Vs Boston Series Thread

On the question of whether or not it was a 2 or 3 free throw call? Had he been turned, facing the basket, or even began turning, they would have called it for 3. He was moving laterally to the basket when he threw it up.

On the question of whether or not it was a 2 or 3 free throw call? Had he been turned, facing the basket, or even began turning, they would have called it for 3. He was moving laterally to the basket when he threw it up.
Based on the 2 Minute Report they based it on his arm action which is consistent with NBA rules. As to lateral movement, that’s ok as long as it’s in the motion of shooting.

3D827257-FAD7-4B79-A9DE-27B87F096F57.jpeg

The point I'm making is that because his movement was lateral, there wouldn't be any question on the part of the officials as to it not being a shooting foul, because the arm extension would not be a natural motion to shoot the ball.

I believe, had he been actually turning to the bucket, prior to the foul, they would have called for 3. I totally agree with their call. It would be judgement that he wasn't making any reasonable attempt to take a shot. He was jockeying for position so he could take a shot.

The Celtics shot 3-of-13 (23.1%) when defended by Wesley Matthews in Game 3.

The Celtics shot 4-of-12 (33.3%) when defended by Jrue Holiday in Game 3.

Back to the “Smart Shot”. Last year the league changed the rule on the so called “rip thru” move which was the basis of the ruling Saturday. It was changed to a non shooting foul. Which is why the 2MR had that explanation.

The Celtics shot 3-of-13 (23.1%) when defended by Wesley Matthews in Game 3.

The Celtics shot 4-of-12 (33.3%) when defended by Jrue Holiday in Game 3.
But it was the refs! That's why Boston lost!

lol. so the officials made 5 incorrect non-calls in the final two minutes of the game. outstanding work.
It’s actually an interesting report. The game is so fast and probably 95% are bang bang type plays. Yep they are going to miss calls like any sport

Back