Milwaukee Vs Boston Series Thread

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
MKE came away with a huge win stealing game one in Boston. Giannis struggled to find his shot but man he drew every defender in and was able to kick it out allowing a ton of open shots for his teammates. The Bucks defense was great once again. Hopefully MKE can find a way to steal game 2 and go back to MKE up 2-0.

Defense! Another amazing game where they shut down guys who could explode on you. Losing Smart, like they did, didn't help them, but the reality is the Bucks defense was ferocious. They were flying around the court, making each shot they could more difficult for the Celtics.

Giannis the facilitator. Nice ring. He still put up a lot of shots, but he also made it a point to find open players for shots. He could have easily had as many as 5 more assists, if they hadn't blown easy shots.

I like how Carter has stepped up. Surprisingly good player coming out of the G-League. He's given them some solid minutes.

Now the Bucks need to weather an all out assault by the Celtics in game 2. They're going to come at it like Lizzie Borden did her Pappy. It's gonna be one helluva a game to watch.

Credit to Bud on the defense strategy. Funnel everything into the paint. Boston was 3-20 when Giannis or Lopez contested a shot , 1-15 on 2 point shots. Holiday frustrated Tatum and Carter was outstanding again on the perimeter

Another data point

Boston had 22 wide open 3s, 15 of them (68%) taken by Horford/White/Williams.

They basically broke Boston’s shot profile and made their least threatening shooters beat them in the process.

BRILLIANT

Another data point

Boston had 22 wide open 3s, 15 of them (68%) taken by Horford/White/Williams.

They basically broke Boston’s shot profile and made their least threatening shooters beat them in the process.

BRILLIANT
i wonder if that is something they can continue to do or if the celtics will have an answer for that in the next game.

i wonder if that is something they can continue to do or if the celtics will have an answer for that in the next game.
Horford vs Lopez and/or Giannis is advantage Bucks in the paint. Keep Williams off his spot you win that battle, he’s really good from the corners and they played solid help defense also. It’s basically Buds formula, know where their spots are and force them off them. In the Chicago series in games 3-4-5 they made DeRozan go left, not his normal shot, same with Levine.

Smart is not 100%. He had a quad issue late in the season and was hobbling yesterday. His shot was not fluid. That’s the bigger thing for Boston

Smart is not 100%. He had a quad issue late in the season and was hobbling yesterday. His shot was not fluid. That’s the bigger thing for Boston
And Smart is questionable for Game 2

Boston's chemistry on the floor suffers without Smart. Neither Tatum nor Brown were getting to their spots on the floor. The Bucks forced them into uncomfortable decisions. Their game went straight down the tubes when he walked up the tunnel.

A win in game 2 should be enough for the Bucks to put enough pressure on them to win the series. It would be nice if they could sweep, get their people rested and healed, and be ready to meet the Heat, whom I believe are going to put the 76ers away quickly, especially with Embiid hurting. Even if he plays, he's going to be hurting, every time someone touches the face mask he'll have to wear.

If MKE keeps blocking up the paint and making Boston have to shot outside could be another repeat again of game 1.

Boston's chemistry on the floor suffers without Smart. Neither Tatum nor Brown were getting to their spots on the floor. The Bucks forced them into uncomfortable decisions. Their game went straight down the tubes when he walked up the tunnel.

A win in game 2 should be enough for the Bucks to put enough pressure on them to win the series. It would be nice if they could sweep, get their people rested and healed, and be ready to meet the Heat, whom I believe are going to put the 76ers away quickly, especially with Embiid hurting. Even if he plays, he's going to be hurting, every time someone touches the face mask he'll have to wear.
I’m not sure if Brown is 100% either, his hamstring has been giving him issues and his lateral movement was poor yesterday. Thing with Smart also is that the quad issues is not helping his defense either.

Back