2022-23 Milwaukee Bucks

Lots of truth in what you say TW, but this whole minutes discussion just doesn't have dramatic numbers attached. Every team rests their star players during the year, with some exceptions.

Examples:

Jimmy Butler, reg season - 34min/game; last night - 46min
Jrue Holiday, reg season - 33min/game; last night - 47min

Bam Adebayo; reg season - 35min/game; last night - 40 min
Giannis; reg season - 32min/game; last night - 42 min

Bench minutes last night: Miami - 67min, Milw - 66min

There are some differences there, but nothing that really stands out as a major outlier. Did Miami rest it's players at better points in the game, maybe, I didn't look at things that specifically. In the end, the bottom line was the Heat were just better at finishing games and they wanted it more, played harder and were better coached at the end of games. Now, maybe that's because the Heat was in more of a battle just to make the playoffs. Either way I think Coach Bud needs to go.
It did have a lot to do with "when they were rested." You're absolutely right. I have no idea why they didn't do match ups in rest for the Bucks, based on who they were assigned to guard. You could see that at the end of the 3rd quarter, and the start of the 4th, Bud was in panic mode, as he left his front line players in and they ended up being gassed from the middle of the quarter on. He hasn't got the ability to make good decisions on time management for his players.

See being reported now that prior to game 4 one of Coach Bud's brothers ended up passing away.

Sorry this will be a huge mistake. Middleton is becoming a old broken down player not worth investing this type of money into a guy who should be shown the door now.

• League executives tell Scotto that they expect Khris Middleton to re-sign with the Bucks for about $130MM over four years if he turns down his $40.4MM player option. Milwaukee is hoping to re-sign Brook Lopez as well, Scotto adds, but the veteran center will likely get an offer from the Rockets.

Losing Lopez would be a problem. He's done a good job under the bucket. He works hard out there. I realize he's long in the tooth, but that hasn't gotten in his way.

Well Middleton offically turned down is player option and MKE will likely be stupid enough to give him a 4 year 130 million deal which will likely look like a horrible contract after only 1-2 years. It's clear he's becoming an aging player that can't stay healthy. IMO let him walk away and use cap space to find younger talent to build around Giannis.

Well Middleton offically turned down is player option and MKE will likely be stupid enough to give him a 4 year 130 million deal which will likely look like a horrible contract after only 1-2 years. It's clear he's becoming an aging player that can't stay healthy. IMO let him walk away and use cap space to find younger talent to build around Giannis.
It may also be time for a sign and trade with Middleton. It's hard to say what the Bucks figure they need. I'd imagine the new coaching staff is going over all the scenarios, with and without Middleton. There could even be a sign and trade in conjunction with the draft. It's hard to tell.

Reality is that we don't have draft picks early, so we can't expect the cavalry to ride in and help.

It may also be time for a sign and trade with Middleton. It's hard to say what the Bucks figure they need. I'd imagine the new coaching staff is going over all the scenarios, with and without Middleton. There could even be a sign and trade in conjunction with the draft. It's hard to tell.

Reality is that we don't have draft picks early, so we can't expect the cavalry to ride in and help.
Heard MKE has been calling teams in back of 1st round and early 2nd round to see if they can move up.

Back