2022-23 Milwaukee Bucks

Giannis says Bucks need to show him they can be a title contender for him to sign with them again.

Can't blame him.
I can. He played like crap last year in the playoffs.

He needs to get better himself with his outside shot and free throws before he starts talking like he is.

Also, don't ask the Bucks to resign your buddy Middleton when he has been injured and has not gotten it done either.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Trade him. It doesn't matter. Just make sure you get enough future value for him that you can rebuild even stronger.

Nobody is above the team, and this one statement by him tells me this "love of Milwaukee" isn't really a love of Milwaukee, or the team, but all about the status it gives him.

The days of life long franchise players is history in the NBA.

Trade him. It doesn't matter. Just make sure you get enough future value for him that you can rebuild even stronger.

Nobody is above the team, and this one statement by him tells me this "love of Milwaukee" isn't really a love of Milwaukee, or the team, but all about the status it gives him.

Next summer if he refuses to sign I think MKE will trade him.

I can. He played like crap last year in the playoffs.

He needs to get better himself with outside shot and free throws before he starts talking like he is.

Also, don't ask the Bucks to resign your buddy Middleton when he has been injured and has not gotten done either.

Just my thoughts.

I like the guy and he seems like a really good dude but he has to look at the weaknesses of his game as well. That is part of the reason why we have won only 1 title. He is not MJ, Russell, or those guys that can win it almost by themselves.

Notice, I didn't say LeBum. :)

Reactions: TW
I like the guy and he seems like a really good dude but he has to look at the weaknesses of his game as well. That is part of the reason why we have won only 1 title. He is not MJ, Russell, or those guys that can win it almost by themselves.

Notice, I didn't say LeBum. :)
His bad points can be game changers. In close games, where free throws are going to make the difference, I'd just as soon have him on the bench to be honest. Not that he doesn't offer a lot out there, but because of his horrible record with charity shots, teams foul him, figuring they aren't going to get burned.

Also, his game detracts from others. For him it's a one against them game when he gets the ball. He could get so darned many assists if he let the ball fly to guys who are open because of the double teams on him.

Also, he needs to allow others to handle the ball in transition, so he can set up for plays.

i agree with everyone here. giannis just sucks.
Far from it. He's a super star, and a guy who could lead the Bucks to at least 3 or 4 more championships. But, he has weak points in his game, like almost every player I've ever seen. Still, he may very well be the best player on the court in today's game, because of his strengths.

Still, as we saw in the playoffs, relying on him to carry the team every game is a horrible mistake. You need to have others step up and be part of the equation. Watching that one man game is frustrating, because you know darned well one injury will derail an entire season's worth of work.

Look at how Miami went as far as they did, with a couple of hugely important members of their team shelved with injuries. They built a team that had players who could step up and be counted, not rely on one guy.

When that happens, surrounding Giannis, the Bucks will be unstoppable. That's, assuming it ever happens. In all honesty, I think he's going elsewhere. He's not going to sign that extension, without an out on his part.

Bucks are a old team nearing their end. They don't have any capital to trade for young talent. Giannis moves on after next year.

Back