Packers set Coaching Staff for 2016/17 Season

Again, I might have liked a more experienced guy to take over WR, but I could be wrong. I do think the staff is somewhat inbred, but that's not always bad. It certainly creates some stability. I am glad they went outside the organization for TE and RB so it's not like there is no new blood so you can't reasonably say that nothing was done to change the ideas coming to the table. For me it just came down to choosing a guy with seemingly very little experience for a WR group that has a significant number of inexperienced guys who need some strong coaching. Maybe this guy will provide it and maybe he can tap Bennett for some ideas and assistance.

For me it just came down to choosing a guy with seemingly very little experience for a WR group that has a significant number of inexperienced guys who need some strong coaching. Maybe this guy will provide it and maybe he can tap Bennett for some ideas and assistance.

Most positional coaches are no name, low experience guys. I think that was packinatl's point when he said give names. Mark gave 5 or 6 names but none of them were much more experienced. Some were even less experienced.

What you said is why I'm less emotionally invested in sports than I was. Especially pro. I look at it as entertainment. Does a loss hurt yes but the next day the sun comes up and I'm fine. It's a game played by millionaires for billionaires. It's big business. The win now culture is disturbing. It takes the enjoyment of the sport away. Sport like life has ups and downs. Success and failure. And that win now culture has spilled into uter hatred towards some players and teams. Again disturbing. Rant over. Peace

Not much with which to argue, there. My only real question, then, is why you're so upset with people criticizing MM.

Not much with which to argue, there. My only real question, then, is why you're so upset with people criticizing MM.
Because he is a small part of the problem. And again compare him to any current HC not named Belichick he's damn successful. Bring in a new HC so much changes. Staff, terminology, scheme. Does the current roster fit the scheme, new one, on both sides of the ball? It's not like it's plug and play. If I knew for certainty an upgrade guarantees a deeper run sure. I move. But I see maybe 2-3 guys who I like better as an upgrade and none of them are coming to green Bay

Because he is a small part of the problem. And again compare him to any current HC not named Belichick he's damn successful. Bring in a new HC so much changes. Staff, terminology, scheme. Does the current roster fit the scheme, new one, on both sides of the ball? It's not like it's plug and play. If I knew for certainty an upgrade guarantees a deeper run sure. I move. But I see maybe 2-3 guys who I like better as an upgrade and none of them are coming to green Bay

May not have been clear. My point was, that if you can say "What you said is why I'm less emotionally invested in sports than I was. Especially pro. I look at it as entertainment. Does a loss hurt yes but the next day the sun comes up and I'm fine", why should you care at all about what anyone has to say about one of the millionaires? Leave that kind of discussion to folks WITH the emotional attachment. There are a lot of things in the world over which I have no control, and they really affect me, family, or the world - that's frustrating. Pro football, on the other hand, is something over which I have no control, is fun to discuss, and will ultimately mean nothing. Let me have my fun.

May not have been clear. My point was, that if you can say "What you said is why I'm less emotionally invested in sports than I was. Especially pro. I look at it as entertainment. Does a loss hurt yes but the next day the sun comes up and I'm fine", why should you care at all about what anyone has to say about one of the millionaires? Leave that kind of discussion to folks WITH the emotional attachment. There are a lot of things in the world over which I have no control, and they really affect me, family, or the world - that's frustrating. Pro football, on the other hand, is something over which I have no control, is fun to discuss, and will ultimately mean nothing. Let me have my fun.
Ok I'll shut up then. But since this is a free country and I have a a right to express my views. Oh well. Sorry to rain on your parade. Next time I'll ask permission to post on topics such as this. Or just stop posting since I'm not as emotionally investedv

Last edited:
Ok I'll shut up then. But since this is a free country and I have a a right to express my views. Oh well. Sorry to rain on your parade. Next time I'll ask permission to post on topics such as this. Or just stop posting since I'm not as emotionally investedv

See, I knew you'd get it.

Oh please... no one said that . You both had your say today and then some. Relax and keep debating if you must.
really? Leave that kind of discussion to folks WITH the emotional attachment.?
Yep got it

Back