Packers set Coaching Staff for 2016/17 Season

really? Leave that kind of discussion to folks WITH the emotional attachment.?
Yep got it

Lord have mercy Pack your opinion is just as valuable as everyone else here. Yes you heard right I value your opinion and everyone else's. Right ..wrong or way off it makes it fun. Why I love all of you is that each of us is different and bring different views to the table.

Come on Pack ... it's all good ! br)

I don't see the big angst over this. Bennett was a running Back and became a very good wr coach. For all of you who hate the choice who was yours.? I swear people will be critical of McCarthy unless he goes 16-0 and wins the SB. And lord help him if he does not win each game by 30

One thing about Bennett as the WR coach that I thought I noticed is that the WRs were very good after the catch, and he stressed the crap out of ball security.

With a QB as the dedicated WR coach, I would hope that you see the group gain a better understanding of what the QB is seeing out there, opening up option routes and adjusting to presented coverages.

Why I love all of you is that each of us is different and bring different views to the table.br)

Sounds like you have an emotional attachment... you're qualified! ch(

Part of the reason I'm over here is I like being with "fans" of my team. I do not much care for the "fanatics". The difference? Justice Scalia once spoke of his unlikely friendship with Justice Ginsberg. “I attack ideas, not people. There are very good people with very bad ideas.” Fans can disagree and still be respectful. Fanatics too often make it personal.

I offer this with trepidation, We did get four new coaches on the staff. MM promoted two from within. The veteran WRs are happy with the promotion of Getsy.

I understand some are unhappy with the hire, but I don't know who you were expecting. I don't understand how some 'know' this was a bad hire.
I guess I'm just more hopeful in the hire from the propaganda I've been reading. IMO.

I only went back a couple of pages, but I didn't find anyone 'knowing' that this is a bad hire. Concerned, uncertain, confused, maybe, but pretty much across the board it seems to be 'couldn't we do better than a low-level guy already on the staff?'.

So, I was just listening to Sirman's short interview and reading up on him a bit as he is now the one responsible for LumpyLacy. One can hardly help but be hopeful about this guy. He was the RB coach for four years for the Rams, so it seems he didn't adversely affect Gurley much. He also spent many years at the collegiate level as an assistant.

I enjoyed listening to his interview. He said that he only took out his phone one time to snap pictures while with the Rams and that was at Lambeau, which was so much nicer than some inane and over-used comment about the weather.

He said he's just getting to know Lacy and that he was 'working his tail off'. I also found one of his comments about Lacy to the Green Bay Press-Gazette pretty doggone funny. He said, "You can tell he's very hungry this year." :eek:

Last edited:
I only went back a couple of pages, but I didn't find anyone 'knowing' that this is a bad hire. Concerned, uncertain, confused, maybe, but pretty much across the board it seems to be 'couldn't we do better than a low-level guy already on the staff?'.

There are plenty of guys criticizing this hire as if they know it isn't going to work. Some say it's playing it safe. Someone expects it not to work. Until Getsy got the job I'd be willing to bet 90% of the members of this board never heard his name. I'd also be willing to bet no one looked up his qualifications prior to criticizing the hire. How can we "do better" when we don't know how well Getsy is going to do? This isn't like hiring a head coach where you know what you are getting.

Hmmm. I'd LOVE for Bennett to have come back to coaching WRs, but I'll withhold judgement on Getsy until we see on-field results. Assuming he's competent, it should be better than last season's disaster of Van Pelt coaching QBs and WRs but forgetting to coach the WRs.

Sounds like you have an emotional attachment... you're qualified! ch(

Part of the reason I'm over here is I like being with "fans" of my team. I do not much care for the "fanatics". The difference? Justice Scalia once spoke of his unlikely friendship with Justice Ginsberg. “I attack ideas, not people. There are very good people with very bad ideas.” Fans can disagree and still be respectful. Fanatics too often make it personal.
Feeling like we should have a group hug - we could get all cheezy.....rofl(

Back