Packers set Coaching Staff for 2016/17 Season

Do they want him because they think he's good or because they know he's inexperienced and they can walk all over him and get what they want out of him?

I don't know these players personally but they don't strike me as those kind of guys.

I would take all those "reports" with a grain of salt. This move is pure MM and what he learned from Marty S years ago. Keep it in house as much as you can. tc(

One thing for sure is Big Mac and TT have one way of doing business and seldom go outside of the box in their decision making process. Some of us may not like it but might as well get used to it as it will not change until they fall flat on their faces. Hasn't happened yet so guess we grin and bare it. If they win it all this year we'll all be back in their court.

Y
One thing for sure is Big Mac and TT have one way of doing business and seldom go outside of the box in their decision making process. Some of us may not like it but might as well get used to it as it will not change until they fall flat on their faces. Hasn't happened yet so guess we grin and bare it. If they win it all this year we'll all be back in their court.
You know what they say, A Leopard cannot change its spots."

We can expect yet another offseason jammed full of inactivity. I'm tired of griping about it.

I don't have much to contribute that hasn't already been said., but I will say that there is at least one thing about this hire that gives me a little reason for optimism.

His role the last 2 seasons was offensive quality control coach - yeah, i know that's a standard entry-level position for young coaches, but the man has spent the last 2 years studying film and looking for tendencies and weaknesses on the offense. Quite a lot of people on this board have had a lot to say about all the mistakes the receivers have made this past season, how poorly they've played, and all the things they should have been doing differently. There just may be a slight chance that the guy who's job it's been the last two years to spend 60 to 70 hours a week looking for exactly those things might possibly have noticed a couple of them too, and may even perhaps have an idea or two on what to do differently.

I know, it's a reach. Call me crazy. But what the heck - it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, is it?

I guess I'll remain positive until I have a reason not to.:)

As far as Jordy and Cobb liking him I take that with a grain of salt.

Yeah, what are they going to say? "Ah, ****, not that moron. Couldn't they have hired some wino off the corner or something?"

Back