Packers set Coaching Staff for 2016/17 Season

I don't see the big angst over this. Bennett was a running Back and became a very good wr coach. For all of you who hate the choice who was yours.? I swear people will be critical of McCarthy unless he goes 16-0 and wins the SB. And lord help him if he does not win each game by 30

How about a proven WR coach or a former WR? I would rather have someone like that then a rookie coach with how bad the WR's were last year.

I don't see the big angst over this. Bennett was a running Back and became a very good wr coach. For all of you who hate the choice who was yours.? I swear people will be critical of McCarthy unless he goes 16-0 and wins the SB. And lord help him if he does not win each game by 30

Don't really care about the regular season record, as long as the obvious goal of the SB win is met. Also not too concerned about margin of victory, just the final W. Other than that, you're right on point. :)

How about a proven WR coach or a former WR? I would rather have someone like that then a rookie coach with how bad the WR's were last year.
Names please. Who? And I'll save you the effort. Not James Lofton And not all former players are good coaches.

Last edited:

He honed his coaching skills as RB coach for 6 years before that though... For the WR we need someone who can hit the ground running, not have to figure out and learn being a position coach in the NFL on the fly. Last year showed that the WR can't make themselves better on their own.

You want a name (besides the ones Mark posted)? Edgar Bennett. He's already here and with MM calling plays etc. What is preventing Bennett from taking back WR?

Last edited:
Names please. Who? And I'll save you the effort. Not James Lofton And not all former players are good coaches.
Why must you have names?
Many fans are simply not pleased because of an inherent philolosophy within the orginization.
I wonder which one of these coaches will be fired next season as Head Coach Mike McCarthy's next scapegoat?

Why must you have names?
Many fans are simply not pleased because of an inherent philolosophy within the orginization.
I wonder which one of these coaches will be fired next season as Head Coach Mike McCarthy's next scapegoat?
Because 90% of fans have no clue who is out there. They want change for the sake of change because of their dislike of McCarthy. As I mention many won't be happy unless he goes 16-0. Sorry unpopular opinion

I don't like asking for names, especially when it's about something like assistant WR coaches where there's not exactly expert websites ranking them.

But I also wouldn't throw a fit because we filled the position with an internal hire. Yes, it would've felt safer to hire a known name or a former WR - like it would've been a guaranteed success (same mentality as with filling needs with name UFAs, rather than rookies or growth from within). With Bennett and Van Pelt in the building, it's not like Getsy has zero support if he needs it.

Overall it's usually impossible to tell how good/bad job a position coach is doing (except after the season when bad job or results = firing), since players almost never speak something bad about them and we have no eyes in the meeting rooms, practices, film room, one-on-one coaching etc. About the only one who really knows how good/bad a job they're doing are the other coaches, and they ain't telling either.

Because 90% of fans have no clue who is out there. They want change for the sake of change because of their dislike of McCarthy. As I mention many won't be happy unless he goes 16-0. Sorry unpopular opinion
And what is wrong with change for the sake of change because of a dislike for Mcarthy?
Hiring from outside the organization brings in a new perspective. Hiring from within seems as if the team is giving a new up-and-coming guy a chance. I'm totally with the member who said, "Boo-Hiss," to this move.
Things are getting stale at 1265 and the fanbase is justifiably uneasy at this point. It's too bad the Coach didn't mix things up with some fresh blood.
That's my tc(

Back