Packers set Coaching Staff for 2016/17 Season

And what is wrong with change for the sake of change because of a dislike for Mcarthy?
Hiring from outside the organization brings in a new perspective. Hiring from within seems as if the team is giving a new up-and-coming guy a chance. I'm totally with the member who said, "Boo-Hiss," to this move.
Things are getting stale at 1265 and the fanbase is justifiably uneasy at this point. It's too bad the Coach didn't mix things up with some fresh blood.
That's my tc(
No the fan base is spoiled. Let's compare McCarthy to Holmgren. And just Holmgren time in GB
Holmgren win percent 67%. McCarthy. 65%
Playoff record : Holmgren 9-6. McCarthy 8-7

Bottom line very comparable records and you can argue Holmgren had more talent and his QB did not miss one game. But did we see this level of angst with Holmgren? No. If McCarthy is so incompetent then Tomlin and Payton must be pitiful. Just compare the records. Let me again state I get the win now or else culture. But when you step back and look McCarthy has been a very good HC

Les Koenning, Terrance Turner, Quinn Tedford, David Beaty, Keith Gaither etc the list is long of top WR/ offensive coaches that could be had for that position.
Nice list, I couldn't have come up with one. The problem is would any of these guys want to move to Green Bay? Would any of these guys want to work under MM and AVP? Not saying they aren't more than qualified, but direction and cohesion are factors. It isn't like we haven't had success for awhile, last year was the exception not the rule. The parts are there, the young guys (Adams, Abby, Janis) were shortchanged last year. Change for the sake of change? What could be more changing than a first year coach? Not sure you could get MM to admit that there should be a new perspective, he believes in continuity. Especially for one of the most prolific offenses over the last 6-7 years.

It is a list of names and I didn't know a single name on the list. I looked up some of them and wasn't blown away by any of them. Koenning is an OC at UAB so not sure he'd want to leave . Turner is a young guy with little coaching experience but he is WR coach. Tedford has had three coaching jobs in 4 years since leaving college.

It is a list of names and I didn't know a single name on the list. I looked up some of them and wasn't blown away by any of them. Koenning is an OC at UAB so not sure he'd want to leave . Turner is a young guy with little coaching experience but he is WR coach. Tedford has had three coaching jobs in 4 years since leaving college.
They are WR coach's not HC... WR coach is a lateral move or guys coming up. You're not supposed to be "blown away " by any position coach so to speak, but they are out there and some good ones.

Because 90% of fans have no clue who is out there. They want change for the sake of change because of their dislike of McCarthy. As I mention many won't be happy unless he goes 16-0. Sorry unpopular opinion

I certainly am in the 90%, primarily because nobody is paying me millions to do that. I want change because of the definition of insanity.

No the fan base is spoiled. Let's compare McCarthy to Holmgren. And just Holmgren time in GB
Holmgren win percent 67%. McCarthy. 65%
Playoff record : Holmgren 9-6. McCarthy 8-7

Bottom line very comparable records and you can argue Holmgren had more talent and his QB did not miss one game. But did we see this level of angst with Holmgren? No. If McCarthy is so incompetent then Tomlin and Payton must be pitiful. Just compare the records. Let me again state I get the win now or else culture. But when you step back and look McCarthy has been a very good HC

Please, come up with a better word, or at least tell me why 'spoiled' doesn't mean 'getting everything you want'. Packer fans have had better season, more divisions, et. al., than some/many other fan-bases. However, I, and others, want more Lombardis, we haven't gotten them, so we're not spoiled. It's all relative. If Richie Rich want a Porsche, but dad gives him a fleet of Fords, do you think he feels spoiled?

Because 90% of fans have no clue who is out there. They want change for the sake of change because of their dislike of McCarthy. As I mention many won't be happy unless he goes 16-0. Sorry unpopular opinion
90 % come on... stop with the holier than thou stuff again. It's not that damn hard to go research WR coach, the fact remains that MM prefers to stay within his circle regardless. It's a weak point in his management style.

Also,you've been on this tangent about MM and spoiled bh) for months. It's OK for a fan base to have higher expectations and not want to settle. I get that a lot of people here are happy about how things are but a majority of us choose to discuss these subjects from a more rounded point of view.... we are being very subjective on everything from coaching to coaches to personal. That's not spoiled, that's a passionate fan base that wants more. tc(

90 % come on... stop with the holier than thou stuff again. It's not that damn hard to go research WR coach, the fact remains that MM prefers to stay within his circle regardless. It's a weak point in his management style.

Also,you've been on this tangent about MM and spoiled bh) for months. It's OK for a fan base to have higher expectations and not want to settle. I get that a lot of people here are happy about how things are but a majority of us choose to discuss these subjects from a more rounded point of view.... we are being very subjective on everything from coaching to coaches to personal. That's not spoiled, that's a passionate fan base that wants more. tc(
And many are on a tangent bashing every move McCarthy makes. But when you compare his body of work vs Holmgren Tomlin Payton it's damn impressive. You have used the spoiled tag line yourself. Would I like more championships yes but at the same time I get the challenges associated with it. Sorry for being realistic.

As has been mentioned here, we don't get paid millions to identify potential WR's coaches for the Packers. However, that doesn't mean we can't be disappointed/upset about the selection. We do know the Packers have a history under MM of promoting people from within sometimes to a detriment. I believe this is going to be another one of those times.

The idea that the Packers offered the position to qualified candidates and they all said no, is laughable. Many college coaches would jump at the chance to coach the pro's no matter who's on the roster. So, I'm not buying that the Packers had an exhaustive search for a top WR coach and wound up with Getsy. My guess is they mulled it over for a little bit, and found it easiest to promote Getsy since they're familiar with him already.

I'm not complaining about the assistant o line coach hire, because I think that's pretty much an irrelevant hire, but the WR coach was of the utmost importance. Arguably the most important vacancy that they had and they simply botched it. The unit was a complete disaster last season. Guys didn't run routes properly, and looked at times like they had no idea what they were doing on the field. They needed somebody who could come in right away and take charge of the unit. Somebody who knows what they're doing and has a lot of experience with WR's. I'm not putting down Getsy, but he's not the right guy for this job. period.

Back