Trading Aaron Rodgers

Dillon not sure if he will start but will have a role at least as a number 2. Deguara not sold on him being anything more then a over drafted FB. Runyon I like the potential in him along with Stepaniak. I think Stepaniak goes higher in the draft if not for a last season injury. Love will be give several chances to sink or swim. The rest of the draft hope I get surprised but think at best you will have ST/backup guys.

... Just because you’re a starter doesn’t mean you’re good, it just means the rest of the team is crappy. Like Richard Rogers starting at TE.

well, as i said, when i say "starter" i'm not talking about guys like richard rogers or the guy that i mentioned - will whitticker. whitticker was drafted in 2005 and started 14 games for the packers that year. he never played another snap for the packers or any other nfl team after that. he was a starter out of desperation. when i say starter, i'm talking about guys who could start for at least half the teams in the nfl.

i think we both agree that this draft looks like a stinker.

If we get anybody out of this draft that makes an impact next season, it will be a glorious surprise.

I think nearly every draft is a “wait and see” situation. Nothing is guaranteed for any player when they get drafted.

Therefore, I’ll wait and see.

I think nearly every draft is a “wait and see” situation. Nothing is guaranteed for any player when they get drafted.

Therefore, I’ll wait and see.

You are right, and I'm being too hard on these guys.

But, who was the last guy drafted by the Pack that got you excited to pop a top and turn on a game?

But, who was the last guy drafted by the Pack that got you excited to pop a top and turn on a game?
Typically only skill positions players get me excited but probably 2014-15. I’m going to watch anyway so draft does not dictate my viewer ship habits

great question. the packers rarely use their first round pick on someone that fans get excited about. for me personally, i would have to go way back to clay matthews.

I was big on Eddie Lacy when we first drafted him. He was good to start but then he started wishing the football was a cheeseburger to much.

Before that biggest guy I marked out for drafting was Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers on the Packers' taking Jordan Love: "The general reaction at first was surprise, like many people. Not going to say I was thrilled by the pick, necessarily. But I understand the organization is not thinking just about the present, but the future and I respect that.... He didn't ask to be drafted by the Packers. He's not to blame at all. I had a good conversation with him the day after the draft and I'm excited to work with him."

Back