Trading Aaron Rodgers

In Nerd's defense, the argument is not that Rodgers needs to go back to having good mechanics. It's that while he succeeded with poor mechanics his whole career, after multiple injuries perhaps he could improve his performance and wring the most out of his remaining years by actually focusing on them. Before the shoulder injury in 2017 he got great zip on the ball throwing off his back foot. Well, now he doesn't, but maybe if he worked on stepping into his throws he could get some of that zip back.

Peyton Manning broke his neck and spent months working his ass off re-learning how to throw. His reward was a 2nd SB ring. Rodgers clearly is smart enough, the question is, is he motivated enough to do everything possible to get the most out of his mind and body in pursuit of that second ring.

So IMO when people talk about Rogders' mechanics and whatnot, it's not just a statement about drills, it's a statement about his commitment and flexibility and willingness to change for a greater goal. Can he, will he? To me the answer is no - like Favre he is going to play the way he plays come hell or high water.

Over the years, I've seen more first round QBs bust than become solid NFL QBs. Those teams that hook their wagon to the guy coming out of college, without a darned good contingency plan are making a serious mistake. I can't even begin to count the number of fairly decent QBs who have been destroyed by being thrown into the mix way too soon.

Had Rodgers been thrown into the starting position his first year in the NFL, he would have flopped. He was so far from being ready to take the reins that it was almost laughable to some people. Yet, with the right time in learning, he became pretty darned good.

If you see this happening with Love, but quicker, I'm going to have to disagree. I just don't see that in him to be honest.

But, if that's what makes peoples days just a little brighter, that's fine with me. I'll continue to be pragmatic.

I keep thinking how 3 years ago some of the same people who are calling for Rodgers' head now are the same ones who were ready to anoint him the next coming.

Some fans are fickle. I'm pragmatic.

Once again, with the mechanics. How many times have you been told that is not the problem. AR has always completed 64%-68% of his passes his whole career. He has always thrown off his back foot. He has thrown side arm sometimes. Mechanics are not the issue, father time is the issue.

You are starting to sound like a broken record. Mike McCarthy, "We need to look at pad level".
False. Go back and look at the SB. Aaron was always the anti-Favre in that regard.

I don't know where that narrative started. Aaron always was exact with his fundamentals.

However if indeed his physical skills are diminishing, mechanics and fundamentals become that much more important.

False. Go back and look at the SB. Aaron was always the anti-Favre in that regard.

I don't know where that narrative started. Aaron always was exact with his fundamentals.

However if indeed his physical skills are diminishing, mechanics and fundamentals become that much more important.
We must be watching different games. He was never exact. Threw on the run, falling back, different arm sockets....His arm strength bailed him out and that arm strength is not there anymore and the Aaron Rodgers from 3-5 years ago is gone that ship has sailed.

Stop it with the mechanics and fundamentals. Its not the issue. His mechanics were never great. Injuries and Father Time has taken its toll. He not going to be Aaron from 3-4 years ago ever again. That ship has sailed

We also have to admit that part of that issue is that the roster he had from those glory years has sailed as well. Love won't get the benefit of the stacked roster Arod had over that timespan.

We also have to admit that part of that issue is that the roster he had from those glory years has sailed as well. Love won't get the benefit of the stacked roster Arod had over that timespan.
I think the team will be built differently around Love than it was around Rodgers.
Still, that won’t guarantee Love’s success. ML is the one who will have to figure this out or he’s out the door

I think the team will be built differently around Love than it was around Rodgers.
Still, that won’t guarantee Love’s success. ML is the one who will have to figure this out or he’s out the door
I think if Love is a flop ML and Gute will get a second chance. As long as Murphy is here I can't see them being fired. Both are guys Murphy wanted. Packers also hate change and are the club that will rather bury it's head in the sand and ignore the problem then face it.

Roger's mechanics? My thoughts.

He always has thrown crazy unbelievable passes when on the run or under pressure.

But, when he threw non on the run and non pressured passes he used to step into them with more typical mechanics. I don't think he's doing that consistently any more. If he'd just do that...

Remember what Matt did with RGIII? Rookie year! I think Matt can develop Love.

Back