Rodgers, The Packers and Reality

i really don't care what the drat profile says. that was a pre-draft opinion of one wannabe analyst. look at what he did in his rookie year, and you can see that he was undervalued.
Yeah Claypool was good, he was one of the guys that Gute liked, along with Aiyuk.

i really don't care what the drat profile says. that was a pre-draft opinion of one wannabe analyst. look at what he did in his rookie year, and you can see that he was undervalued.
And looking back it’s 20/20 hindsight. I can find remember a mock that had him in the 1st. And considering where he was picked a few teams undervalued him.

And looking back it’s 20/20 hindsight. I can find remember a mock that had him in the 1st. And considering where he was picked a few teams undervalued him.
If I remember right there were questions about playing him at WR and converting him to be a TE

Not the only report that had concerns

It's fairly easy to sit here and say that after a full season of NFL production if he signs with the jets chances are he has 3 catches for 8 yards and looks the bust... the point being there are a lot of factors in a rookie being successful so those opinions can be just as right as being full of poo.

It's fairly easy to sit here and say that after a full season of NFL production if he signs with the jets chances are he has 3 catches for 8 yards and looks the bust... the point being there are a lot of factors in a rookie being successful so those opinions can be just as right as being full of poo.

I think a lot of us like two wait for a while before throwing a guy under the bus as a draftee. Look at how both Rashan Gary and Robert Tonyan stepped up this year. Rookie years, to me, are deceiving. I've seen guys come out of the gate on year one looking like they're gonna be an all pro every year until they hang 'em up. Then, some will lose it, and end up barely sticking with the team until their first contract expires. It's entertaining looking around the league at former first rounders who are hanging on just to say they wear a jock on Sundays.

Every time I watch Jaire Alexander turn in a play, I remember how he looked like a guy who had to grab on every play to keep from being burned. Now he's forcing teams to throw away from him.

I think a lot of us like two wait for a while before throwing a guy under the bus as a draftee. Look at how both Rashan Gary and Robert Tonyan stepped up this year. Rookie years, to me, are deceiving. I've seen guys come out of the gate on year one looking like they're gonna be an all pro every year until they hang 'em up. Then, some will lose it, and end up barely sticking with the team until their first contract expires. It's entertaining looking around the league at former first rounders who are hanging on just to say they wear a jock on Sundays.

Every time I watch Jaire Alexander turn in a play, I remember how he looked like a guy who had to grab on every play to keep from being burned. Now he's forcing teams to throw away from him.
so you are saying we should keep Josh Jackson give him another chance and start him right? ;)

i get that, mark. but i still think that gms should have a better idea than some random blogger. and if rp is right that gute liked him, why the heck didn't he draft him?

i get that, mark. but i still think that gms should have a better idea than some random blogger. and if rp is right that gute liked him, why the heck didn't he draft him?
Depends what value he had on him. Did he like him in round 1? 2? He made a comment post draft that insinuated they liked someone in 2 but could not move up. Based on what he looked like @ ND round 1 was a major reach.
And how many WR went before him?

Back