Rodgers, The Packers and Reality

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
So I've beat around the bush for two years. No matter what it's the same song and dance with this guy and no matter what 85% love on the guy like he's your prom date in the backseat of your daddy's car.

Here's the deal this is sounding just like the Favre divorce with different circumstances all over, but but Mark.. Murphy and ML said at the presser! bh) methinks you protest too much GB front office. So besides that hear me out.

GB relies way way too much on Rodgers, Question if Sunday was week 1 and AR broke both legs and was out for the season could the team as is be a playoff team WITHOUT him under center all year? Taking your warm fuzzy green and gold undies off (thought I was going to say something else didn't ya ;)) the obvious answer is no they couldn't overcome that.

So with that said, the Packers are built wrong and have been. What did you say Mark? Look if you build as if he's not there, strong defense and a stellar run game then his job is easy peasy. In a sense, I get Rodgers being pissed off because they just shove it all on him and go with 1 decent WR and a bunch of garbage and say okay superman make it work.( We won't even get into that cluster of a defense)

Now flip side, superman has a 3rd and goal from the 8 with a clear run in TD..take the 6 and stop the hero pass crap. No BS about "I thought we would go on 4th.... no that's crap!! You tried to out-think the coach rather than playing the damn game Aaron and then you whined and bitched like a pee-wee QB about rather than saying " on me should have run it in" and then the little violin((about I just don't know what the future will bring ?? Drama major Rodger to the stage 1, please..... Geez, Louise !!

Now let's put all this in a bowl and stir. Yeah, it's not as appetizing as Packernation likes to perceive it and that my friends is the raw reality of the situation.

Either load up and help the man and franchise win another one or that divorce with Favre will look like a garden club meeting in comparison to what's coming in a couple of years. tc(sb(rant)

So with that said, the Packers are built wrong and have been. What did you say Mark? Look if you build as if he's not there, strong defense and a stellar run game then his job is easy peasy. In a sense, I get Rodgers being pissed off because they just shove it all on him and go with 1 decent WR and a bunch of garbage and say okay superman make it work.( We won't even get into that cluster of a defense)
I can see this, he hasn't been given a ton to work with and still puts out MVP numbers. Imagine if TT hadn't pissed away some high picks! :oops:

Rodgers had his best year in 3-4 years this past season except the Colts and 2 Bucs game. They brought speed and pressure and when you start hitting Aaron a bunch he gets rattled quickly.

I don't think you can acquire enough speed in 1 season to counter that and to plug your defense. It's a two season deal, which had they not peed away a first last year would be the case but still a 39 year old QB at that point is a crap shoot and your counting on the fact he stays healthy.

Some valid points Mark , most people don't want to hear but I am not sure just adding talent is going to fix it either.

And so is today’s NFL. While I agree with the premise how many teams survive when they lose a QB who is considered a top 5 QB in the league. KC is probably best to survive it with the weapons on offense but is Henne better than a 9-7 QB? I digress.....the issues are not fixable in 1 year , not 2. And yes 12 is part of the problem.

I get the identity ML wants and I like it but that’s not the way Rodgers is wired. Is Love? Don’t know but if it is the roster is not built to support his skill set either

Yes, Rodgers should have ran it in. I'm still amazed he didn't or didn't even try.

I think Rodgers handles pressure fine, actually better than most. I think he more often than not needs somebody to step up and make that catch on a pass that isn't perfect because it was under pressure. When it doesn't happen, it just pumps the other team up and increases the pressure. If somebody stepped up more frequently and made the play, the Pack would take off that pressure. But it just doesn't happen.

But here's the biggie, if any part of Rodgers isn't really in the program or doing what the coaches want is true, then Green Bay was foolish to not take the offer from the Rams. I mean, it would stock us with picks and would give us 2 young quarterbacks to compete to start. Neither are Rodgers, but one is probably better than average - and when he played against us in the Playoffs had a broken thumb and the other is who you traded up in the draft.

If we're not going to go all in, we should have traded Rodgers. I doubt we'll go all in, we'll keep conservatively trying to build and keep our cap under control. But, we're wasting opportunities.

My view of the hero pass is a bit more cynical. Wasn't hero pass at all. It was Arod saying I've suffered two major injuries for you and carried this team for a decade and you couldn't even get me a WR last year. I'm done trying to sacrifice my body and potentially get nailed running it in.

GB is at a crossroads. Can't have your cake and eat it too. You want Arod? Get him the tools he needs for his style. Want to go ML? Make the break now and move on and get some picks.

Yes, Rodgers should have ran it in. I'm still amazed he didn't or didn't even try.

I think Rodgers handles pressure fine, actually better than most. I think he more often than not needs somebody to step up and make that catch on a pass that isn't perfect because it was under pressure. When it doesn't happen, it just pumps the other team up and increases the pressure. If somebody stepped up more frequently and made the play, the Pack would take off that pressure. But it just doesn't happen.

But here's the biggie, if any part of Rodgers isn't really in the program or doing what the coaches want is true, then Green Bay was foolish to not take the offer from the Rams. I mean, it would stock us with picks and would give us 2 young quarterbacks to compete to start. Neither are Rodgers, but one is probably better than average - and when he played against us in the Playoffs had a broken thumb and the other is who you traded up in the draft.

If we're not going to go all in, we should have traded Rodgers. I doubt we'll go all in, we'll keep conservatively trying to build and keep our cap under control. But, we're wasting opportunities.
Your assuming that an offer was made for Rodgers. Making “a run” at him could be as simple as making a call and asking if he was available so at best it’s speculation

I just don’t understand the “all in” thing. In 2019 they did go “all in” with both Smiths & Amos. In 2020 there was not a FA @ WR who fit

And let’s be honest this team went 26-6 the last 2 years, 2 NFCCG. This year was the best opportunity and when our All Pro QB failed at crunch time. You can debate the DC (valid) and the draft but I will say it again, who was on the board that helps this team beat Tampa

Your assuming that an offer was made for Rodgers. Making “a run” at him could be as simple as making a call and asking if he was available so at best it’s speculation

I just don’t understand the “all in” thing. In 2019 they did go “all in” with both Smiths & Amos. In 2020 there was not a FA @ WR who fit

And let’s be honest this team went 26-6 the last 2 years, 2 NFCCG. This year was the best opportunity and when our All Pro QB failed at crunch time. You can debate the DC (valid) and the draft but I will say it again, who was on the board that helps this team beat Tampa
I get your point about who was available that would have made the Packers better, but the tone of your posts sounds like you think Tampa was the better team and we couldn't beat them. Had they called a few PI/Defensive holding penalties on TB, and not the one at the end against the Packers, there's a good chance we win that game. However, as I have said to others - this was #12's chance to prove he's worthy of all the praise we give him, but in the end this game he didn't make the plays we needed him to make (plays that he makes in the regular season). His record (1-4) in NFCCG is a black eye on what is an otherwise great career.
Let me restate that I am not blaming the officials for that loss - the Packers shouldn't have let themselves get into that position in the first place. However, that game was officiated like it was a Tampa home game - and I know many people who thought the same thing.

I get your point about who was available that would have made the Packers better, but the tone of your posts sounds like you think Tampa was the better team and we couldn't beat them. Had they called a few PI/Defensive holding penalties on TB, and not the one at the end against the Packers, there's a good chance we win that game. However, as I have said to others - this was #12's chance to prove he's worthy of all the praise we give him, but in the end this game he didn't make the plays we needed him to make (plays that he makes in the regular season). His record (1-4) in NFCCG is a black eye on what is an otherwise great career.
Let me restate that I am not blaming the officials for that loss - the Packers shouldn't have let themselves get into that position in the first place. However, that game was officiated like it was a Tampa home game - and I know many people who thought the same thing.
I actually think it was an even matchup. GB was better on offense and Tampa better on defense and in many ways Tampa was able to exploit matchups as in week 6.......in game thread I picked Tampa

Back