Rodgers, The Packers and Reality

i get that, mark. but i still think that gms should have a better idea than some random blogger. and if rp is right that gute liked him, why the heck didn't he draft him?
Because Love was top of his board and he got cute or panicked and traded up. He like the guy in round 2 but had no ammo to go up again and missed the run.

Because Love was top of his board and he got cute or panicked and traded up. He like the guy in round 2 but had no ammo to go up again and missed the run.
To be honest I don't think that 4th round pick even moves you high enough to get Claypool. He went 13 picks before GB went so you would have had to move up 14-15 slots higher to get him. I don't think a 4th rounder moves up up half a round in the 2nd round.

so you are saying we should keep Josh Jackson give him another chance and start him right? ;)
Not necessarily. It doesn't apply to all players. The trick is in being able to identify which ones continue to show growth in their understanding of the game, their role in it, and the way they approach preparing themselves mentally and physically for what's ahead. Some players it's obvious to see they're going to do great. Others, not nearly as much.

A great example of this are two guys on the Packer roster. Bakh for a starting point. He looked like excess baggage, and unable to even play as a back up at left tackle. But, as he gained confidence, developed his footwork, muscled up, and learned how the position was played, he turned into arguably the best LT in today's game. Elgton Jenkins is another example. People thought that when the Packers moved him everywhere on the offensive line, they were frustrated in not finding a position he could play. Fact was, Jenkins was getting better grades every time he took the field in all those various positions. He was learning the positions, and is one of those rare players who can actually compartmentalize various positions, and get himself into the right mode.

On Jackson or anyone else, the Packers coaching staff would have to see a spark in them that tells them the guy could be of value down the road. I have no idea if they will see that in any particular person. But, I get the point. Not all of them do work out.

To be honest I don't think that 4th round pick even moves you high enough to get Claypool. He went 13 picks before GB went so you would have had to move up 14-15 slots higher to get him. I don't think a 4th rounder moves up up half a round in the 2nd round.
But they could have used their 3rd round pick to move up IF they had not burned the 4th round pick on Love.
They may have had to add a 5th or 6th to make it happen as well.

During an appearance on ESPN yesterday, Rodgers reiterated that skepticism. “I said last year, I didn’t know if that was actually possible…to be able to finish [In Green Bay],” Rodgers said (via ESPN’s Field Yates on Twitter). “I still feel like that’s kind of where we’re at. I don’t know if a lot of that’s in my hands, and I guess we’ll see as we go.”

I think Rodgers leaving will be easy. We'll trade him where he wants to go, or he'll walk and we'll get nothing.

And then - wasteland. Not Teenage Wasteland. Just wasteland.

And in a year, the heads of Gute and Murphy will be permanently affixed to pikes at the entrance of the front office as a warning not to fubar it if we ever get lucky again.

A Mark mentioned in the shout. This will be like Favre. Most of the fans will back Rodgers and turn on the team for getting rid of Rodgers. Now Rodgers back then did show a lot more that he was ready to be a starting QB. We have seen nothing from Love. But it's clear who the GB FO is choosing to go into the future with. Be it right or wrong that's remainded to be seen. But the Packers are to get destroyed by fans and the media for the choice.

A Mark mentioned in the shout. This will be like Favre. Most of the fans will back Rodgers and turn on the team for getting rid of Rodgers. Now Rodgers back then did show a lot more that he was ready to be a starting QB. We have seen nothing from Love. But it's clear who the GB FO is choosing to go into the future with. Be it right or wrong that's remainded to be seen. But the Packers are to get destroyed by fans and the media for the choice.
and honestly I could care less what the fans and media think.. All I care about is how much value you can get from 12 in the open market and results on the field

I would have liked to see Rodgers kept this year and next with some kind of contract guarntee he stays here for 2 more years. That way he has one year left on his contract. At that time you can judge how the team is doing and how he is playing. Then both can say ok does it make sense to extend him or move on from him.

Interesting the last thing Rodgers says we both know that's now how it works.

Back