Rodgers, The Packers and Reality

Your assuming that an offer was made for Rodgers. Making “a run” at him could be as simple as making a call and asking if he was available so at best it’s speculation

I just don’t understand the “all in” thing. In 2019 they did go “all in” with both Smiths & Amos. In 2020 there was not a FA @ WR who fit

And let’s be honest this team went 26-6 the last 2 years, 2 NFCCG. This year was the best opportunity and when our All Pro QB failed at crunch time. You can debate the DC (valid) and the draft but I will say it again, who was on the board that helps this team beat Tampa

Let's talk about not running the football all game. We only ran it 16 times total. We averaged 4.18 yards per carry. ML did the same thing he did against TB in week 6. He gave up on the run. Now I realize we were behind 28-10 so I understand not running it in the 3rd quarter but when we were only down by 5 the whole 4th quarter and had 3 possessions after the INTs, we barely ran at all. I do not think we ran once inside the 20 all game. You want to know why AR was sacked 5 times and and was under pressure consistently? Oh and I believe on two of those drives after the INTs he was sacked within a second or two which caused the issues of not getting TDs.

I am not saying AR could not have made some other plays but he played about as well as he could have with the constant pressure and not running the ball. And looking at the 3rd and goal from the 8, I am not sure he makes it in the end zone. He has a DL breathing down his neck behind him and then he has a CB or LB in the middle right of the field. I think he may have gotten to the two or three yard line and that's it. Then we still do not know if we score on 4th down.

Look you can all say I have gold colored undies on if you want to but AR did not lose this game. It is on the defense allowing 7-8 on 3rd downs in the first half (three plays led to 21 points) and the Jones fumble in the beginning of the second half. (led to the other TD from our 5 yard line) I think I can safely say that I am happy with a 101 rating from my QB compared to Brady's 78 rating. This is on the D and the TO by Jones.

Having said that, would I trade AR for two 1st rounders, a 3rd, and a player. Yes! Especially, if that player could help on defense. Not sure if I would be excited about Goff but..... AR's stock will never be as high as it is now and I do not see this D being championship caliber with the players we have.

Is there a guarantee GB not wasting draft capital on Love and being able to draft a WR in the draft would have out them over the top?

No but you also can't discount the possibility that a decent WR who could be a reliable #2 could have been the difference in those three and outs after the turnovers and the draft was deep at WR..

Coulda woulda shoulda. Last year Gutey went to town. This year I wonder if Murphy and Ball put the kabash on any major FA movement.

Like Higgins for example. Who I wanted us to pick. :)

if you watch the video of the play, you will see that there are two defensive players running full speed behind him that are about one yard away from tackling him for a loss and a third player #80 running full speed across the field at an angle that would have met up with rodgers at about the five. two of the four defenders covering our receivers were situated between the receiver and rodgers and looking his direction. all five of these players had a very good chance of tackling rodgers well short of the goal line. let's not kid ourselves. rodgers is not exactly fleet of foot these days. maybe earlier in his career, but not now.
In reviewing it, some of these are debatable, but what I saw that I hadn't was Wagner putting a chokehold on his guy. Instead of wondering if AR gets in, or how close he would have gotten, I think we need to wonder how 3rd and 23 would have played out. :)

In reviewing it, some of these are debatable, but what I saw that I hadn't was Wagner putting a chokehold on his guy. Instead of wondering if AR gets in, or how close he would have gotten, I think we need to wonder how 3rd and 23 would have played out. :)
Good point.

No one would second guess ML kicking the field goal if that happened.

In round 1 no. Maybe if you had draft capital to trade up in 2nd

note the NFL comp on Claypool
i really don't care what the drat profile says. that was a pre-draft opinion of one wannabe analyst. look at what he did in his rookie year, and you can see that he was undervalued.

Back