Post game Vikings upset Packers 28-22

Only good thing looking forward to a short week is SF themselves is a mess dealing with injuries and a starting QB playing so bad he got benched for the second time this season during a game.

Only good thing looking forward to a short week is SF themselves is a mess dealing with injuries and a starting QB playing so bad he got benched for the second time this season during a game.
He did not get benched. He injured his ankle in the 1st quarter, he left due to injury along with Kittle

Personnel deficiencies aside, I would think that getting gashed and embarrassed twice in the last 10 games or so by a similar style of rushing attack is indicative of some flaw in the D system, coaching and game planning.

I give you Barnes, Summers. I don’t know how you protect those flaws. I don’t trust who we have at safety to clean up between the tackles. Clark is the only guy across that line who can get a consistent push.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a fan of of our DC but do you blitz more ? Run and pass blitz and put Jackson and Redmond on a island? I’m not smart enough to give an answer but I don’t think it’s an easy fix. Maybe 4-3 but that requires DL getting 2 deep personal

Personnel deficiencies aside, I would think that getting gashed and embarrassed twice in the last 10 games or so by a similar style of rushing attack is indicative of some flaw in the D system, coaching and game planning.

Yes...no...maybe. I said it when he was hired that his scheme had already been figured out. It was built by Ryan vs a different kind of offense than what we see today. Schematically ... possibly Yes it can be made to work but not with the personal we have, too slow. I would love to see a new scheme and mindset here.

I read that Cook had 90+ yards after contact. He had 160 and change on the ground total.

That tells me the scheme put guys in position to make plays, but:

1) They don't know how to tackle, are not being taught how to tackle, and are not training how to tackle, or
2) They don't have the desire, attitude, and chutzpah to put their shoulder into someone and drive them to the ground, and
3) They sure as hell aren't being held accountable

I think they're soft #2 with # 1 sprinkled in and a huge dose of #3.

It doesn't matter how good a Defensive Coordinator's scheme is if he can't get his players to tackle. Pettiness isn't doing his job.

The players might not be the highest caliber. But a Defensive player who doesn't aggressively want to tackle should be raising rabbits.

But at least they're having fun.

Read that updates on Jimmy G, Kittle should be out today. Maybe Packers can get lucky and they won't be able to go on short week. SF would be playing down to 2nd 3rd string players in a lot of spots but I will take a win any way even if SF is looking like a college team with talent they have

The lack of accountability goes all the way up to the GM spot. Part of the reason for the lack of playmakers in the middle of the defense and at WR is bad drafting and player acquisition fails. Thompson is responsible for part of that with his failures in his last 2 seasons and Gute probably gets one more draft/off-season to get it fixed but IMO if he doesn't, they need to find someone else. It's not that Gute is a "bad" drafter, but so far he just isn't good enough for a team that doesn't have the CAP room or raw attractiveness to lure FA's.

The #Packers will hold meetings virtually today as a precaution after a player tested positive for COVID-19, per source.

More>>> #Packers RB A.J. Dillon is the player who tested positive for COVID-19, per source. Contact tracing is underway. Depending on close contacts, especially within the small RB room, potential competitive implications on Thursday night's game against the #49ers.

I read that Cook had 90+ yards after contact. He had 160 and change on the ground total.

That tells me the scheme put guys in position to make plays, but:

1) They don't know how to tackle, are not being taught how to tackle, and are not training how to tackle, or
2) They don't have the desire, attitude, and chutzpah to put their shoulder into someone and drive them to the ground, and
3) They sure as hell aren't being held accountable

I think they're soft #2 with # 1 sprinkled in and a huge dose of #3.

It doesn't matter how good a Defensive Coordinator's scheme is if he can't get his players to tackle. Pettiness isn't doing his job.

The players might not be the highest caliber. But a Defensive player who doesn't aggressively want to tackle should be raising rabbits.

But at least they're having fun.
#1, 2, and 3 have been trademarks of the GB defense going back to the MM years. That indicates it's a systematic/organizational thing. New DC new coach and we still see those things.

If you don't want to be here or work hard there are plenty of guys who are hungry for a chance.

Back