Post Game: Green Bay defeats San Francisco 30-28

Okay gotta jump in here, There is NO "Targeting" rule in the NFL and the rule they put in "Playing Rule Article 8" is half the College and HS rule. And I quote "

"It prohibits hits with the helmet crown, but not all hard hits to the head."​

On the Adams hit .... No I don't throw the flag, A. The DB is in the Air, full speed.... thinking he can just pull off is poppycock and frankly the dumbtastic thing about "targeting" B. The DB is clearly trying to hit/lead with his shoulder on that play but again, angle, speed etc.

Football is a violent full-speed sport, please stop whining every time a player from the "insert team you are pulling for" get's lit up. That's the sport and the more tentative they make these guys play the worse some of the injuries will be..

Okay gotta jump in here, There is NO "Targeting" rule in the NFL and the rule they put in "Playing Rule Article 8" is half the College and HS rule. And I quote "

"It prohibits hits with the helmet crown, but not all hard hits to the head."​

On the Adams hit .... No I don't throw the flag, A. The DB is in the Air, full speed.... thinking he can just pull off is poppycock and frankly the dumbtastic thing about "targeting" B. The DB is clearly trying to hit/lead with his shoulder on that play but again, angle, speed etc.

Football is a violent full-speed sport, please stop whining every time a player from the "insert team you are pulling for" get's lit up. That's the sport and the more tentative they make these guys play the worse some of the injuries will be..
But here’s where it get vague re: defenseless receiver. Matter of interpretation IMO
  1. A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player
  2. The intended receiver of a pass in the action during and immediately following an interception or potential interception. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player.

But here’s where it get vague re: defenseless receiver. Matter of interpretation IMO
  1. A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player
  2. The intended receiver of a pass in the action during and immediately following an interception or potential interception. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player.
It all depends on a person's perspective. Clearly, the majority of Packer fans thought it was a penalty. Clearly, the majority of 49ers fans thought it was a clean shot. Clearly the officials didn't review it because they didn't see it. They were blocked from seeing it by the positions of the players in conjunction to where they all were at the time.

Leave that play out of the equation, and there were several questionable calls both ways. It happens. It's just that it appears to be happening more now. But, maybe that's not the case. With the newer camera angles, we're seeing things on film that we never saw in the past, and obviously missed at full speed.

Regardless, I don't think any official would intentionally load up on a team calling penalties. That said, that's just "my opinion." We're all entitled to our own.

It all depends on a person's perspective. Clearly, the majority of Packer fans thought it was a penalty. Clearly, the majority of 49ers fans thought it was a clean shot. Clearly the officials didn't review it because they didn't see it. They were blocked from seeing it by the positions of the players in conjunction to where they all were at the time.

Leave that play out of the equation, and there were several questionable calls both ways. It happens. It's just that it appears to be happening more now. But, maybe that's not the case. With the newer camera angles, we're seeing things on film that we never saw in the past, and obviously missed at full speed.

Regardless, I don't think any official would intentionally load up on a team calling penalties. That said, that's just "my opinion." We're all entitled to our own.
IMO they need to make all plays reviewable be it a called penalty or missed penalty enough with this BS of trying to protect the integrity of the refs BS.

Agree but it’s the NFL so it’s not reviewable to begin with

Back