Post Game: Green Bay defeats San Francisco 30-28

HeartyHops

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well, the first half was a fun watch until a few minutes before it was over. I thought the OL was holding up pretty well, all things considered.

The no call on the late hit on Adams really got my goat. The refs can be so inept that they change games, and I do. not. like. it. !!! I realize that it happens, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like it's happening all too often lately. Not thrilled about the no call on intentional grounding earlier in the game, either. And here I am doing what I don't like very much, and that's complaining about the refs. Sorry. :)

I wasn't thrilled with the T/O situation towards the end of the game. Didn't like them forgetting about the run, either.

Thank you, Mr Crosby!

gopackgo

If we had lost, LaFleur would have been crucified for that field goal (again).

When we had them at 3rd and 10 (the first time after the field goal) and Jimmy G hit Kittle, about the time Kittle hit midfield, I'm thinking "just let him score." We would have gotten the ball back with 2 minutes left instead of 37 seconds (or whatever).

-Nijman held up at LT.

-Defense did ok, got burned by officiating and got set up on short yardage from that long kickoff return.

-Got in sync with MVS.

-Still throwing it to Davante too much. Does Lazard even have a catch this year?

Studs: Rodgers, Crosby, Adams, Jones, J. Alexander, whoever caused the fumble and Packers recovered. I am surprised and kinda excited about the defense. They were aggresive and they made Garappolo uncomfortable and caused at least 2 sacks...not sure how many. They also hurried Garappolo several times.

It's hard for me to designate anyone specifically as a Dud. There were some dud plays on both sides of the ball. But even if we had lost, I would have been proud of them. They played a smart game and did not give up any stupid plays that I can recall.

Wait I have a couple of duds. The officials not calling Intentional grounding on Garappolo before the half. Not flagging the hit on Davante that could have caused a concussion and the bogus roughing the passer penalty againt Alexander. :mad::mad:

I, glad to see that MVS got a TD. But I still think that Rodgers looks for Davante too much. On the last drive before they had to give the ball back to the 49ers, Rodgers over threw Adams. But on replay to the right, Tonyan was open.

All in all I thought that it was an entertaining game. So glad they won.

Last edited:
I am more than glad to be the first one to come and have a slice of

620-587-humblepieimage.png

Regarding Mr. Yosh Nijman.
He wasn’t perfect. But given the circumstances he was thrust into, the young man showed he belonged and, just maybe, showed GB that he’s another legit option at OT going forward.
Yosh, I hof( to you sir.

Interesting def strategy of hope Arod and Adam's can connect 10 plus times per game.... :p

Been working so far.

Surprised SF wasn't able to contain Adams more.

Credit to the OL......

Every NFL fan base thinks the refs are out to get them...

On to next week.

Any win on the road is big. Couple of thoughts

• Campbell was not spectacular at ILB but damn solid.
  • OL was outstanding considering the situation. Stenavich is arguably the best assistant on the staff and the double teams got 12 clean for the most part and some lanes to run.
  • Stokes was grabby but showed no fear. Lot to clean up but an upgrade over King
  • Again in the 4th abandoned the run and 3 straight passes and 3 and out. Not sure if it was a check off but just run the damn ball at that point.
  • I get the angst on the officiating but it’s league wide and not just a Packer issue. Missed grounding and non call on Adams were legit misses but the PI’s were 50/50 calls and the roughing on Alexander was legit. On the PI’s and roughing if you don’t like the call blame the rules.
  • I think the “Rodgers has checked out” narrative can be shelved.
  • We are 2-1

48CCB4C7-FAC6-45A7-B2F5-314B21366659.jpegAs I noted officiating is a league wide issue. This play was NOT called PI. Carry on

View attachment 395As I noted officiating is a league wide issue. This play was NOT called PI. Carry on
I think it's more the calls that they don't make that gets fans angry at the refs. You see some 50/50 things called, and then when they miss the obvious ones you scratch your head. And they missed a couple of big ones that almost had an impact on the result of the game.
In addition to the picture above, what about the Baltimore/Detroit fiasco? I know that they give the offense a bit of leeway, but they didn't snap the ball until 2-3 seconds after time expired on the play clock. And again, Jackson dropped straight back, and threw the ball OB and there was really no receiver in the vicinity. Did they change the rule for grounding this year so you can do that - as long as there's a receiver on that side of the field you can just chuck it 20 yards OB?

Back