Post Game: Green Bay defeats San Francisco 30-28

Thing with the ground call Jimmy was in the pocket and was clear as day he dumped it to avoid getting sacked. No more clear violation of that rule then right there.
calls are going to be missed its not a perfect world, yes it was a clear miss but that issue is league wide

I would venture to guess 90% of kids drafted did not play ST at the D1 level
Then that's up to coaching to teach these kids which we have been subpar at. But that is also GB I think is cheap on hiring. Look few years back GB could have gotten the former Miami ST coach but tried to be cheap on his pay and he went somewhere else.

Then that's up to coaching to teach these kids which we have been subpar at. But that is also GB I think is cheap on hiring. Look few years back GB could have gotten the former Miami ST coach but tried to be cheap on his pay and he went somewhere else.
its partially that, its just not a simple "lets hire this dude"

calls are going to be missed its not a perfect world, yes it was a clear miss but that issue is league wide
But this game it seemed a lot worse. How do you not call defensless WR hit on Adams? You miss 1-2 calls in a game it happens all the time but seems these refs were acting liek the 3 stooges out there.

its partially that, its just not a simple "lets hire this dude"
Still you got to question how ML is running his ship when you fire your ST coach for doing a bad job and then hire his assistant thinking he will do things different.

But this game it seemed a lot worse. How do you not call defensless WR hit on Adams? You miss 1-2 calls in a game it happens all the time but seems these refs were acting liek the 3 stooges out there.
No its like this league wide, just watch a full game or three. Mc Caulley made a very good point last night it was more procedural and being in position to make the call

All credit to the OL, Stenovich and scouting department for the depth they've assembled. Yeah Nijman had a horrible opening sequence but he settled down. SF's front 7 was almost entirely intact - they have Bosa, Warner, Armstead all healthy. They easily could have dominated that game despite the poor secondary play but they didn't.

Some of the PI calls were legit but two of them were completely bogus: 1.) the one on SF where the ball sailed over Adams' head and the DB just had his hands on him without actually grabbing, and 2.) the one on Stokes was complete crap, they were arm fighting. The missed call on the Adams hit was atrocious, not just the helmet to helmet but it's classic targeting defenseless receiver. Why have that rule at all if you aren't going to call it? I maintain my view that Jerome Boger is one of the stupidest and most incompetent people associated with football at any level.

All credit to the OL, Stenovich and scouting department for the depth they've assembled. Yeah Nijman had a horrible opening sequence but he settled down. SF's front 7 was almost entirely intact - they have Bosa, Warner, Armstead all healthy. They easily could have dominated that game despite the poor secondary play but they didn't.

Some of the PI calls were legit but two of them were completely bogus: 1.) the one on SF where the ball sailed over Adams' head and the DB just had his hands on him without actually grabbing, and 2.) the one on Stokes was complete crap, they were arm fighting. The missed call on the Adams hit was atrocious, not just the helmet to helmet but it's classic targeting defenseless receiver. Why have that rule at all if you aren't going to call it? I maintain my view that Jerome Boger is one of the stupidest and most incompetent people associated with football at any level.
I think the call were the ball was uncatchable for Adams was a makeup call they missed a few plays before on Adams. The Stokes call will happen every time he had his arm wrapped around the WR.

I can fix every bit of it, in a fair manner and (relatively) quickly and painlessly.

We're using 21st century tech to adjudicate rules, some of which were written as early as the late 19th century. Whenever it doesn't work badly enough, we add a little more word-salad to the already bloated rulebook, making it even more incomprehensible.

It's time to scrap the whole thing and start fresh. Same rules if you like but rewritten from the start for today's (and tomorrow's) technology. Make it perfectly clear what is and is not a foul. We can damn well see it, so why not write it, call it and be done with it?

~Call it to the letter of the law and change the law as needed. Because we can see it.

~NOT call it to whichever interpretation we think might be okay this week, this month or this year and then change the interpretation when x fan base howls the loudest.
I hypothesize thecrules are subjective so as to externally control the outcome of games.

Rodgers has always had the issue of having his top WR as a security blanket and forcing the ball to him a ton.

-Nijman held up at LT.

-Defense did ok, got burned by officiating and got set up on short yardage from that long kickoff return.

-Got in sync with MVS.

-Still throwing it to Davante too much. Does Lazard even have a catch this year?
Lazard was targeted once that I can recall. It was in the first quarter. He did catch the ball. I don't remember Rodgers throwing to him again.

I do wish he would spread the ball around more. Last season when Davante was out for a couple of games. Rodgers spread the ball around quite a bit.

Back