Post Game: Green Bay defeats San Francisco 30-28

I think it's more the calls that they don't make that gets fans angry at the refs. You see some 50/50 things called, and then when they miss the obvious ones you scratch your head. And they missed a couple of big ones that almost had an impact on the result of the game.
In addition to the picture above, what about the Baltimore/Detroit fiasco? I know that they give the offense a bit of leeway, but they didn't snap the ball until 2-3 seconds after time expired on the play clock. And again, Jackson dropped straight back, and threw the ball OB and there was really no receiver in the vicinity. Did they change the rule for grounding this year so you can do that - as long as there's a receiver on that side of the field you can just chuck it 20 yards OB?
What gets fans pissed is the calls went against their team. As to grounding how many times do you see a QB launch one that lands 10 yds out of bounds. Happens probably 15 times a weekend. And a receiver 10 yds off the ball ?

The overall issue is too many rules are left to interpretation with way to much grey area. Even the clock thing, I’ve seen way to many times the back judge give a 1 or 2 count “leeway “. Calls are going to be missed. Been happening for decades but the rules committee overreacts and puts out some vague rule that makes things worse.

I will give team credit they played much better then I thought they would and earned a hard fought victory.

-Nijman held up at LT.

-Defense did ok, got burned by officiating and got set up on short yardage from that long kickoff return.

-Got in sync with MVS.

-Still throwing it to Davante too much. Does Lazard even have a catch this year?
Rodgers has always had the issue of having his top WR as a security blanket and forcing the ball to him a ton.

I wonder how much money the officials lost on this game?

Great game, great finish! Hope Aaron Jones and MVS injuries are minor.
Have not heard much on injuries so guessing it's not major as does not seem to be big story.

Thing I also would like to see is more 2 back sets. We took AJ Dillon in the 2nd round and are hardly using him.

Only major issue I think we saw in the game is that ST coverage units still have no idea what they are doing. Is the issue that we just have really bad players for ST and it's due to how we draft or is it we can't get a ST coach to teach them proper. It seems our new punter is doing well as he had a long of 63 yards and averaged 55 yards a kick.

I see article said ML even said he went up to ref at half time and chewed the ref out about no intentional grounding on Jimmy G. Did the refs get pissy about that because seems 2nd half they called a lot more crap favoring 49ers.

Thing I also would like to see is more 2 back sets. We took AJ Dillon in the 2nd round and are hardly using him.
and who is the lead blocker in that set? They ran a good amount of 12 personal last night due to OL issues and it worked.

I see article said ML even said he went up to ref at half time and chewed the ref out about no intentional grounding on Jimmy G. Did the refs get pissy about that because seems 2nd half they called a lot more crap favoring 49ers.
they showed the "exchange" on NBC, just a friendly discussion on the weather

Back