Post Game: Green Bay defeats San Francisco 30-28

Only major issue I think we saw in the game is that ST coverage units still have no idea what they are doing. Is the issue that we just have really bad players for ST and it's due to how we draft or is it we can't get a ST coach to teach them proper. It seems our new punter is doing well as he had a long of 63 yards and averaged 55 yards a kick.
Its a result of poor depth with usually complies the majority of your ST units. Yeah some is coaching but its an easy scape goat

What gets fans pissed is the calls went against their team. As to grounding how many times do you see a QB launch one that lands 10 yds out of bounds. Happens probably 15 times a weekend. And a receiver 10 yds off the ball ?

The overall issue is too many rules are left to interpretation with way to much grey area. Even the clock thing, I’ve seen way to many times the back judge give a 1 or 2 count “leeway “. Calls are going to be missed. Been happening for decades but the rules committee overreacts and puts out some vague rule that makes things worse.
I can fix every bit of it, in a fair manner and (relatively) quickly and painlessly.

We're using 21st century tech to adjudicate rules, some of which were written as early as the late 19th century. Whenever it doesn't work badly enough, we add a little more word-salad to the already bloated rulebook, making it even more incomprehensible.

It's time to scrap the whole thing and start fresh. Same rules if you like but rewritten from the start for today's (and tomorrow's) technology. Make it perfectly clear what is and is not a foul. We can damn well see it, so why not write it, call it and be done with it?

~Call it to the letter of the law and change the law as needed. Because we can see it.

~NOT call it to whichever interpretation we think might be okay this week, this month or this year and then change the interpretation when x fan base howls the loudest.

I can fix every bit of it, in a fair manner and (relatively) quickly and painlessly.

We're using 21st century tech to adjudicate rules, some of which were written as early as the late 19th century. Whenever it doesn't work badly enough, we add a little more word-salad to the already bloated rulebook, making it even more incomprehensible.

It's time to scrap the whole thing and start fresh. Same rules if you like but rewritten from the start for today's (and tomorrow's) technology. Make it perfectly clear what is and is not a foul. We can damn well see it, so why not write it, call it and be done with it?

~Call it to the letter of the law and change the law as needed. Because we can see it.

~NOT call it to whichever interpretation we think might be okay this week, this month or this year and then change the interpretation when x fan base howls the loudest.
I agree, but I don't think its that simple and thats 100% on the Rules Committee and the league itself wanting to over legislate everything.

and who is the lead blocker in that set? They ran a good amount of 12 personal last night due to OL issues and it worked.
Was Deguara not drafted to be the HB/FB? Use him for what you drafted him for

I agree, but I don't think its that simple and thats 100% on the Rules Committee and the league itself wanting to over legislate everything.
Thing with the ground call Jimmy was in the pocket and was clear as day he dumped it to avoid getting sacked. No more clear violation of that rule then right there.

Its a result of poor depth with usually complies the majority of your ST units. Yeah some is coaching but its an easy scape goat
But it seems for years now our ST's have been awful with coverage units I can't buy that we can't draft anyone who can cover. I think it's more the coaching with how they are being taught to cover kicks and punts.

Looked at a 49ers fan forum. They are pretty much saying Jimmy G sucks and putting a lot of blame on him and also Kyle S for poor clock managment at end of game that they should have run the clock down more.

But it seems for years now our ST's have been awful with coverage units I can't buy that we can't draft anyone who can cover. I think it's more the coaching with how they are being taught to cover kicks and punts.
I would venture to guess 90% of kids drafted did not play ST at the D1 level

Is it supposed to be tomorrow when NFL releases report on how the refs did in games?

Back