Post Draft Odds and ends.. it's gonna be rough...

Agree! So why the is the goddam sky falling because we didn't draft a WR? We signed Funches and have EQ coming back for his third year. I don't mind Love in the first (he's got the raw tools guys, MLF is hitched to him now) but Logan Wilson in the second and Agim (DT) in 3rd? There were a lot of disparities in rankings and I was shocked that the OT (PrinceW) from Auburn didn't go day 2.
Maybe we should just pretend our 2nd rounder disappeared and all the picks were one round later than they were actually taken. Dillon-3, Degaura-4 etc........ a little easier to swallow.

I live in the twin cities and I effing LOVE the rah rah Green Bay pooh!! These clowns up here think they've already won the SB again because they got big grades from the MEDIA. They picked who the MEDIA thought they should. They haven't won a goddam thing yet. Last year we went 13-3 and the only significant loss we had was Bulaga, the rest were JAGS. We are still the team to beat.
Because when GB came up against SF they got the floor wiped with them because the WR weren't a threat. That and GB has no defense.

GM Brian Gutekunst on WR: "We really like the group of receivers we have. We feel like we have some guys who are coming into our own. ... There's been some question of whether we're trying to transition into more of a running offense, I don't think that's it at all."

That thread on what the Packers scouts/FO are saying about the draft picks also cause concern. Two examples:

1) Kamal Martin per Brandanian Ross is a guy who will be able to cover TE's downfield. And keep up with them. Nowhere in any draft profile I saw has Martin listed as anything but a late down run stopper. And not a good one at that.

2) Dillon, even in shout after he was drafted, was considered a battering ram of an RB who is a one cut bowling ball. Gutey thinks he's the next Saquon Barkley who will figure to be a passing/catching threat as well.

For years some of us have talked about the Packers scouting department being in steep decline. Bad draft after bad draft just supports that. These two examples don't help to dispel that.

That thread on what the Packers scouts/FO are saying about the draft picks also cause concern. Two examples:

1) Kamal Martin per Brandanian Ross is a guy who will be able to cover TE's downfield. And keep up with them. Nowhere in any draft profile I saw has Martin listed as anything but a late down run stopper. And not a good one at that.

2) Dillon, even in shout after he was drafted, was considered a battering ram of an RB who is a one cut bowling ball. Gutey thinks he's the next Saquon Barkley who will figure to be a passing/catching threat as well.

For years some of us have talked about the Packers scouting department being in steep decline. Bad draft after bad draft just supports that. These two examples don't help to dispel that.
You know the Packers are going to pump up the guys they took like these guys were hidden gem's they have so much talent.

Here's another false bit of reporting and assumption going around. The statement from Gute saying they are not changing the O is not incorrect people.

Fact~
ML only changed the offense in Tennessee to a 2 tight run offense with Henry AFTER they lost both the starting and backup QB and two WR. He did it out of need not want.

He prefers and likes to use a 3-WR set with an H-back and single RB more often than not. Anyone that's throwing around this power offense crap is ...
A. Making crap up on the Fly AND
b. Trying to justify an iffy draft by doing so.

Nothing more and nothing less. I spent a lot of time studying ML and his offensive philosophy before he was our HC so don't @ me with a bunch of BS you read at a blog/twitter and or from some of the homer boards. Not true.

Last edited:

On one of these podcasts they said Kamal Martin has upper 4.5 to lower 4.6 speed, fwiw.

On one of these podcasts they said Kamal Martin has upper 4.5 to lower 4.6 speed, fwiw.
rofl( I watched a ton of MNFB, Dude has never ever run better then a 4.8 and that was after some cheerleaders. He also whiffs on tackling big powerbacks. He looked like crap vs Iowa this year.

Back