Post Draft Odds and ends.. it's gonna be rough...

"One game from the SB." Yeah, a game in which our star QB had THREE turnovers.

If Aaron wants "help" getting to the SB, he can start stepping into his throws, running the plays that are called, getting the ball out in under 8 seconds, hitting the open guy, etc.

That way we wouldn't have to spend a high pick on someone who WILL.
Love has not stepped into a throw in 3 years at a Utah State or hit the open guy with consistently. Oh yeah his footwork and mechanics are horrible

Love has not stepped into a throw in 3 years at a Utah State or hit the open guy with consistently. Oh yeah his footwork and mechanics are horrible
Love went 32 TDs for 6 INTs the year before with a 124 QB rating. He lost his coaches and all the other starters on his team, had to go out there and wing it.

Maybe they think he'll accept coaching.

Love went 32 TDs for 6 INTs the year before with a 124 QB rating. He lost his coaches and all the other starters on his team, had to go out there and wing it.

Maybe they think he'll accept coaching.
Love's 2018 has pretty much been the only good year in his career going back to high school. The guy has a lot of mechincal issues. It's tough to change a guy when he gets to the NFL. Will see if Gute has time to fix him if he can be fixed.

What 2019 showed is Love will not be the difference to win you games. His highlight reel is hitting wide open WR and having all day to throw. Neither of those will happen in NFL. Arod is still one of the best. Yes he has issues but the main issue right now is the FO.

"One game from the SB." Yeah, a game in which our star QB had THREE turnovers.

If Aaron wants "help" getting to the SB, he can start stepping into his throws, running the plays that are called, getting the ball out in under 8 seconds, hitting the open guy, etc.

That way we wouldn't have to spend a high pick on someone who WILL.
Maybe but you can save the AR cost us crap for elsewhere..... our defense lost that game like the other games with SF. We only have 1 true WR threat and our OL is just okay. Love isn't going to be anywhere near the threat at QB the last two GB QB were. You can play this song and dance all you want but this was a marginal draft caused by our GM./HC trying to find the next Mahomes and Nerd this guy couldn't hold his jockstrap on a good day.

The rest of these picks were reaches except the 2 -7th rounders. Like it..hate .... it is what is and all the rah rah green and gold poo isn't going to change it.

An overall thing I take from this draft is that ML needed some pieces added to the roster to make his offense work. Love was a future investment and most of the rest of the draft was to give ML some needed tools.

I think from a GM/CAP management perspective they also saw how much was invested in the middle of the OL and they needed to find bodies to free some CAP space there. Those 3 late OL selections are probably a start in replacing Taylor, Linsley, and Turner who together are a $24mil CAP hit right now. You'll need some of that money to keep more valuable free agents come next spring.

Assuming Patrick and Jenkins remain solid and continue to develop I think we can be pretty certain that Taylor and Linsley are gone after this season. Maybe even Turner if one of these three looks like the real deal this season and the other looks like at least a serviceable back-up.

you can save the AR cost us crap for elsewhere..... our defense lost that game like the other games with SF. We only have 1 true WR threat and our OL is just okay.

just a reminder: rodgers is coming off a season in which he threw for 4,002 yards, 26 touchdowns and four interceptions. there aren't many teams that wouldn't love to have that kind of qb.

just a reminder: rodgers is coming off a season in which he threw for 4,002 yards, 26 touchdowns and four interceptions. there aren't many teams that wouldn't love to have that kind of qb.
Agree! So why the is the goddam sky falling because we didn't draft a WR? We signed Funches and have EQ coming back for his third year. I don't mind Love in the first (he's got the raw tools guys, MLF is hitched to him now) but Logan Wilson in the second and Agim (DT) in 3rd? There were a lot of disparities in rankings and I was shocked that the OT (PrinceW) from Auburn didn't go day 2.
Maybe we should just pretend our 2nd rounder disappeared and all the picks were one round later than they were actually taken. Dillon-3, Degaura-4 etc........ a little easier to swallow.

I live in the twin cities and I effing LOVE the rah rah Green Bay pooh!! These clowns up here think they've already won the SB again because they got big grades from the MEDIA. They picked who the MEDIA thought they should. They haven't won a goddam thing yet. Last year we went 13-3 and the only significant loss we had was Bulaga, the rest were JAGS. We are still the team to beat.

Back