Post Draft Odds and ends.. it's gonna be rough...

A damned good H-back can open a lot of holes for the running game, and make life a little easier for the QB, by picking up blitzes. People sometimes mistake them for a second TE, but they are usually in the slot. Sometimes they will move up on the line, so a WR can motion. Lots of options and variations, but it's a position that needs someone who can read the defense, get to his assignment quickly, and throw monster blocks.

Love's 2018 has pretty much been the only good year in his career going back to high school. The guy has a lot of mechincal issues. It's tough to change a guy when he gets to the NFL. Will see if Gute has time to fix him if he can be fixed.
That’s Lafleur’s job, not Gute’s. Can ML fix him? I sure hope so! I still can’t believe the players they passed on to take a Mountain West QB! I’m literally still stunned. FP(

That’s Lafleur’s job, not Gute’s. Can ML fix him? I sure hope so! I still can’t believe the players they passed on to take a Mountain West QB! I’m literally still stunned. FP(
Could hhave been worse could have taken a D-3 QB :)

Wasn’t Bengal all time great Kenny Anderson a D-3 QB?
Augustana-Rock Island IIRC?

So post draft what are the odds we see the Packers trade for or go after a WR that is cut?

Carolina was said to be shopping Curtis Samuel during the draft but clearly did not get a offer they liked.

SF it's being said that Dante Pettis is in Kyle Shanahan's dog house and could be odd man out there

Kenny Stills likely to be cut or traded in Houston

Tyler Gabriel is still a FA

The insane clown Antonio Brown is out there physically and mentally

Are any tof these guys fits anyone else who might be a vet who could be cut or on the trade block for a late round pick? No I am not including OBJ because his contract would not fit under the Packers cap.

rofl( I watched a ton of MNFB, Dude has never ever run better then a 4.8 and that was after some cheerleaders. He also whiffs on tackling big powerbacks. He looked like crap vs Iowa this year.

As I recall, he didn't do much to retain the axe last year either

Back