Post Draft Odds and ends.. it's gonna be rough...

Cheesedog

Reaction score
Now that I got your attention.... :)

As I see it ( you can disagree of course) get ready for a rocky few years. Starting with Arod:

-I believe Arod still loves football, Arod does not love the Green Bay Packers. The Packers are taking a SB winning MVP future HOFer who made his mark in the league as a pass to set up the run style QB. For years it's been "in Arod we trust" and now he is being asked to become a game manager who hands the ball off a lot. That's going to be an issue no matter what you want to believe. Yes Arod is under contract and needs to do what the team asks of him. Yes Arod is not the QB he was. But he's very competitive and has a fragile ego, and is still better than most QBs in the league. Fair or not he's going to have issues with the new system. Extending him turns out was probably a mistake. Now all your money is locked into a guy who doesn't fit or like your system. No matter what he says to the media. We can read his body language.

-I can see Arod retiring. I can also see Arod going to a new team with an offense more to his liking. Come to New England Arod! We'd love to have you :)

-The run first system doesn't require the WRs that the pass first does. So I guess that explains why GB is fine with the current batch of mediocre ones. They don't need to be good route runners. I can't take credit for that one, someone said it in shout.

-You also need a good OL. And they only added a few depth/develomental guys.

-In order for MLs system to work you need a stacked DEF. You aren't always going to be able to score tons of points in a run first offense with few WR's. Unless say, you come up against a team with no defense. GB didn't address any defensive needs in the draft and thanks to the Smiths and Arods $$$ they can't shop in FA.

Packers have a lot of pieces fighting against each other right now. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Arod second Sb window is closed. That's just realistic. Look at how SF completely demolished GB. And GB didn't address any of the issues from that game.

I guess now we wait to see how long it takes ML to really get his system up to speed with Love.

Green Bay Packers are likely going to get 30 seasons out of 2 HOF QB's What do the have to show for it? 3 trips and 2 wins to the Super Bowl in 30 seaons. That is down right bad. Really not much can be blamed on the play of the QB's. Most if lies right at the feet of the 4 GM's we had failing to get talent on this team to get it to the next level. Right now I don't care if Love is good or bad because if we have the GM doing the same lack of getting talent around him you will be setting him up for failure no matter what.

They purposely took no WRs to show Aaron that he is not running the franchise. If Aaron was so concerned about winning, he would step into his throws, get the ball out in under 8 seconds, hit the open guy, etc.

Instead of getting Aaron "weapons," they got his REPLACEMENT. Aaron is on notice.

They are now switching to a running offense not only to show Aaron that he is not the boss, but to help the new kid when he takes over.

They purposely took no WRs to show Aaron that he is not running the franchise. If Aaron was so concerned about winning, he would step into his throws, get the ball out in under 8 seconds, hit the open guy, etc.

Instead of getting Aaron "weapons," they got his REPLACEMENT. Aaron is on notice.

They are now switching to a running offense not only to show Aaron that he is not the boss, but to help the new kid when he takes over.
If I am Aaron I pull out my junk and tell Gute and ML to suck it it's not my job to do podo( for the kid.

So if you are Jordan Love you have to be looking at this roster and saying ok by the time I start Adams might not be on this team as he will be a FA before then. There is no young WR with a lot of potential they are developing. They drafted a RB in the 2nd and a TE that could be a H-back and has blocking skills. Also drafted several OL. Looks like that I will not be asked to be the leader of this offense and will be more like Jimmy G in SF were I will just hand the ball off for the most part.

The lot of you are making many assumptions based on the acquisition of a few men. The run the FB and throw PA has been the base of this offense since it was conceived long ago. It's not "new" it just wasn't emphasized enough last season.

Love is a nonfactor for at least two seasons because he's raw and reckless and will take much work to even be close to starter ready.

The big stinky turd in the room is a defense that was victimized several games last season and that received little help offseason. It's also fairly obvious this staff has delusions of grandeur after last season and isn't clearly looking at this team's shortcomings.

The lot of you are making many assumptions based on the acquisition of a few men. The run the FB and throw PA has been the base of this offense since it was conceived long ago. It's not "new" it just wasn't emphasized enough last season.

Love is a nonfactor for at least two seasons because he's raw and reckless and will take much work to even be close to starter ready.

The big stinky turd in the room is a defense that was victimized several games last season and that received little help offseason. It's also fairly obvious this staff has delusions of grandeur after last season and isn't clearly looking at this team's shortcomings.
Agree this DL is a mess and teams will cut thru it like a hot knife thru butter. Kirksey is injury prone and you can't rely on him. You expect any team worth it's weight will just run the ball down the Packers throats all day long until they can prove the Packers can stop it.

So if you are Jordan Love you have to be looking at this roster and saying ok by the time I start Adams might not be on this team as he will be a FA before then. There is no young WR with a lot of potential they are developing. They drafted a RB in the 2nd and a TE that could be a H-back and has blocking skills. Also drafted several OL. Looks like that I will not be asked to be the leader of this offense and will be more like Jimmy G in SF were I will just hand the ball off for the most part.
TE is a "route runner" guy, he gets open. We have a stable full of young "developing" WRs. That's actually the problem. Only Davante is "developed."

Back