Packers ready to do 'some different things' in free agency this year

And both largely disappeared towards the end of the season and in playoffs. And if their teams don't try and resign them it's similar to being a cast off...

both smiths had two sacks in the playoffs. that equates to one sack per game. that's a higher sack rate than they had for the season.

the z man had 7 tackles and 3.5 sacks in week 16 against one of our biggest rivals.

the packers were the only team in the nfl to have two players with 12 or more sacks in the regular season.

in my opinion, the packers don't even make the postseason without the smiths.

i think there are at least three more reasons.

5. you're just not the right fit for the team. (i.e. damarious randall)
6. your gm made an error in judgement. (i.e. casey hayward)
7. your team just drafted a stud player, and even though you're still very good the team doesn't need you anymore. (i.e. jc tretter)

give it time, i'm sure others will think of more.
Hayward I blame more on Capers then Thompson. Hayward was not doing much in GB because he was not fitting the scheme Capers ran in GB. Like Hyde both of them were never used right and when they hit FA other teams paid for them and found the correct way to use them. Had Capers used both to their proper skills both might still be in GB.

Hayward I blame more on Capers then Thompson. Hayward was not doing much in GB because he was not fitting the scheme Capers ran in GB. Like Hyde both of them were never used right and when they hit FA other teams paid for them and found the correct way to use them. Had Capers used both to their proper skills both might still be in GB.
You are drafted to fit a scheme for the most part, sure there are some exceptions not as a round peg in a square hole. Let’s not forget Heyward has 6 INT his rookie year, very similar numbers to his 1st year in SD....oh the last 2 seasons Heyward had 2 INT in 32 games....2016 was an outlier not the norm for him

Heyward kept pulling his hamstrings in GB. This is when players were going to local yoga teachers. Eddie Lacy preferred the PX90 guy over the team trainer.

Once Heyward got out of Green Bay, he stayed much healthier.

Fortunately the new staff was able to keep people healthy this year. Let's hope they can do that consistently.

capers did not make personnel decisions. but you are entitled to your opinion.
Capers loved those tweeners. Datone Jones, Nick Perry. That way he didn't have to play the chess match either OCs. He never had the wrong guys on the field, but he never really had the right ones either.

both smiths had two sacks in the playoffs. that equates to one sack per game. that's a higher sack rate than they had for the season.

the z man had 7 tackles and 3.5 sacks in week 16 against one of our biggest rivals.

the packers were the only team in the nfl to have two players with 12 or more sacks in the regular season.

in my opinion, the packers don't even make the postseason without the smiths.
It was FUN to watch the defense this past year, for the first time in forever. Actually getting to the QB consistently. Actually getting stops to close out games. Loved it!

Capers loved those tweeners. Datone Jones, Nick Perry. That way he didn't have to play the chess match either OCs. He never had the wrong guys on the field, but he never really had the right ones either.

Did he? Or did he just use what he was given? I've never heard a peep about Dom Capers having a say in the draft. I'm sure nothing would have pleased him more than to be given a true OLB type like Clay Matthews every couple years instead of projects.

It was FUN to watch the defense this past year, for the first time in forever. Actually getting to the QB consistently. Actually getting stops to close out games. Loved it!
You enjoy getting gashed in end run game and up the middle. Made me buy more bourbon

30 years old, can still play. Cheaper, but not as good as Bulaga. Also doesn't have the same type of injury history.

Back