Packers ready to do 'some different things' in free agency this year

Well, $10mil/yr isn't crazy money, but I don't think it fits the Packers. They'd be better off spending a little more on a guy who can cover and then add a run-stopper in the draft. Fill 2 spots with not much more money.

The problem is that the really good all-around ILBs go too early but thumper type guys seem available later.

Well, $10mil/yr isn't crazy money, but I don't think it fits the Packers. They'd be better off spending a little more on a guy who can cover and then add a run-stopper in the draft. Fill 2 spots with not much more money.

The problem is that the really good all-around ILBs go too early but thumper type guys seem available later.
Because this is a pass happy league for the most part you need speedy LB who can cover guys. These slow run stuffing LBs get exposed. Yeah you will see them get 100+ tackles but when they are 5+ yards downfield they mean nohting.

Kwiatkoski may be a less expensive option as opposed to Schobert and Littleton, so from a limited cap space perspective he would make sense.
Also he would be inserting a veteran into that spot rather than hoping a rookie can be the solution.
Many view him as an ascending player, which is what Za’Darius was viewed as last year.
I understand people’s skepticism, but if Gute were to pair him with a draft pick, they might fix “the middle” for years to come.
Well see a report he's now the next guy the Packers may target. Packers will target only 50% of this years FA's I guess.

Imagine Joe Schoebert and Martinez being the two guys in the middle for the Packers.

Just musing here. I think Joe could play well next to Martinez.

Imagine Joe Schoebert and Martinez being the two guys in the middle for the Packers.

Could not afford them both I thin both will come in around the same contract

i said the same thing a few weeks ago. but if martinez wants 10 million we can't afford both him and schobert. i think we almost have to let martinez go, bring in the kind of vet ilb who can cover and draft the next run stopper (and hope he's a little quicker than martinez). unless we're going to go to a 4-3 and we just need one all-around guy for the middle. i could see us going that route

@MaryKayCabot

It's no longer Scho-time in Cleveland: LB Joe Schobert will hit the free agent market and won't be back with the #Browns, who aren't willing to meet his $10M-plus market price, source says

No Shanny got stupid in the 2nd half, the run was there and he did not commit to it in the second half......damn where have I watched that movie before

I also saw articles on how SF ran the same defensive scheme without altering, disguising, or adjusting through the entire game.

ESrA__LWsAA9zp4

here's a contract that could possibly be done:
ESxU81xXQAISTel

is it enough to get him? not sure.

Back