Packers ready to do 'some different things' in free agency this year

I’m reading there is a report that packers intend to pursue ILB Nick Kwiatkoski in free agency.
I suggested this back in mid January.
I think he would be someone you could build the position around and would be a good fit in MP’s defense

I disagree, stop getting scraps and start drafting long term solutions. If Kwiatkoski was a top FA ILB then the Bears would resign him. Beware of other teams cast-offs

Danno I also read they are interested in Joe Schobert from Cleveland, and I’m sure we’ve all heard the Austin Hooper rumor.

Here is what’s happening: due to last years splurge, GB is now a bit of a buzzy team with agents again. Combine convos and basic connect the dots with roster holes are leading agents to float these rumors to drive up interest and name recognition for their clients. You couldn’t do this with Teds Packers because everyone knew how Ted operated. Gute did something out of the ordinary last year that changed the narrative about GB (and to be fair I think he tried to be aggressive the year before as well, to the extent he could with ARs contract) so get used to more of this sort of thing.
Yep, right now agents and just talking media heads will put any FA WR or LB that GB will have interest in that player. Agents do it to hype up interest in their guy and media heads to get clicks on stories. But Gute said a month or two ago that fans should not expect the same active FA the team had last year because he does not expect to have the same cap space and the team has more of it's own FA's that it would like to bring back then it did last year meaning even less cap space to use on outside FA's. I still think GB won't go get any top FA at any spot out there. Instead sit around wait for prices to drop on the 2nd tier FA's and try to get a couple of them to help fill holes on the team.

Also, let me put this out here for everyone. Year 2 will be a lot tougher for this staff. The offensive scheme is known. The blueprint in how to completely unhinge our scheme is out there on video x 2. Year 2 is where we find out about the staff and scheme fully. AKA the honeymoons over folks.
Yep agree and unless MP makes large changes to his defense I think we could see this defense getting their butt's handed to them several times as 49ers exposed this team bad.

Kwiatkoski may be a less expensive option as opposed to Schobert and Littleton, so from a limited cap space perspective he would make sense.
Also he would be inserting a veteran into that spot rather than hoping a rookie can be the solution.
Many view him as an ascending player, which is what Za’Darius was viewed as last year.
I understand people’s skepticism, but if Gute were to pair him with a draft pick, they might fix “the middle” for years to come.

Kwiatkoski may be a less expensive option as opposed to Schobert and Littleton, so from a limited cap space perspective he would make sense.
Also he would be inserting a veteran into that spot rather than hoping a rookie can be the solution.
Many view him as an ascending player, which is what Za’Darius was viewed as last year.
I understand people’s skepticism, but if Gute were to pair him with a draft pick, they might fix “the middle” for years to come.

Keyword "might" we don't need anymore might we need a fix.

I think a lot of these "reports" are purely speculative on the part of the beat writers. Granted they have nothing else to talk about but I would take all of it with a grain of salt.

Back