Packers 53-man roster prediction 2018

They will keep at least 3 TEs and either 6 or 7 WRs. They have kept 4 TEs before to. Little to no chance they only go with 2 TEs now. I think they keep 3 QBs also.....guessing it will be Rodgers, Kizer and Boyle. I think Hundley playing more is to showcase him for other teams to see.

I'm not even going to venture a guess at their decision here. The Packer offense uses TEs as part of their backfield blocking group so often that it's possible they go with 4.

Here we go... Lets see how bad I am at this....

WR: Adams, Cobb, Allison, Moore, St. Brown, Valdez-Scantling, Davis (Mm's comments during presser mean Davis is a lock)

If they keep Davis - and it's looking more like they will - I don't see how they can justify using 7 roster spots on WR, and certainly not without using one of them on Kumerow. Three of them can actually contribute (Adams, Cobb, Allison). One of them looks like he's ready to contribute at the NFL level as a receiver (Kumerow). The three drafts picks are just... they're just way too raw. How do you carry three players who won't contribute anything? Davis is a non-factor as a receiver but it seems MM loves him as a returner so that's his ticket. If we have to keep Davis then for me it's:

Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Davis, +1 of the picks. Maybe MVS because he has gotten some reps as a return man?

If we have to keep Davis then for me it's:

Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Davis, +1 of the picks. Maybe MVS because he has gotten some reps as a return man?

if that's what happens, i will not be happy. what a waste of draft picks. just to hang onto a guy that has been on the team for two years and only real contribution has been 33 punt returns? he's never had a long kick return. only two punt returns of over 40 yards. never returned any punt or kick for a td. has actually fair-caught more punts than he has returns. is he really irreplaceable?

if that's what happens, i will not be happy. what a waste of draft picks. just to hang onto a guy that has been on the team for two years and only real contribution has been 33 punt returns? he's never had a long kick return. only two punt returns of over 40 yards. never returned any punt or kick for a td. has actually fair-caught more punts than he has returns. is he really irreplaceable?

No he is not. Cobb and Alexander can return punts. Rollins, while not explosive, has actually looked comfortable receiving punts too. I would not keep Davis. But it sure seems that there is a conflict point set up between MM/Zook and Gute on this one. Davis is not Gute's draft pick, the other three guys are.

Lots of speculation here on who has final roster say, Gute or Murphy (and does Murphy side with MM or Gute), but we will learn something next week.

Moore has shown enough he is making the team plus MVS. If Davis is kept kept St. Brown and Kumerow are both gone if Davis is gone then it's down to St. Brown or Kumerow. If Kumerow does not make it he only has himself to blame for being stupid and diving into endzone and hurting shoulder and missing 2 weeks of camp

If MM and Gute keep Davis, they are idiots. You do not keep a guy that offers nothing at WR and is only a little above avg returner. We are not talking about Devin Hester here.

I would not write off the idea that they will keep 7 WRs. (for me it would be Adams, Cobb, Allison, Davis, Kumerow, Moore and MVS, with ESB going to the PS.) It all depends on what they like at other positions. They could decide to run with only 8 OL because it's such a mediocre group. Keep 1-2 OL on the PS just in case. You only have 8 active on game day anyway so keeping more than 8 isn't really necessary. Maybe they only go with 3 RBs or only 2 QBs. I'm not saying any of those scenarios are likely, and I don't know how Gute feels about roster make-up, but in the old days I wouldn't have put these things past TT. He ran with non-traditional rosters pretty regularly.

Back