Packers 53-man roster prediction 2018

I think they will keep 3 QB's unless they can get some value for either Kizer or Hundley on the trade market. Lets face it if #12 goes down we are SOL and the difference between Kizer and Hundley is minimal. It almost pains me to say this but trade Kizer, develop Boyle this year and #7 is a UFA after the season so cut bait then.

One other thought on Hundley v Kizer. When they drafted Hundley, I think it's fair to say that the org never intended him to replace Rodgers, right? The point was to develop him into a competent backup and then trade him for more than the 5th round pick they put into him. Well, this is the last chance to trade him isn't it? If they keep him this season then that whole plan goes kaput because they're not going to extend him next year. Isn't there, then, some kind of organizational imperative to get something for Hundley this pre-season, while they can?

One other thought on Hundley v Kizer. When they drafted Hundley, I think it's fair to say that the org never intended him to replace Rodgers, right? The point was to develop him into a competent backup and then trade him for more than the 5th round pick they put into him. Well, this is the last chance to trade him isn't it? If they keep him this season then that whole plan goes kaput because they're not going to extend him next year. Isn't there, then, some kind of organizational imperative to get something for Hundley this pre-season, while they can?

Yes. But with one caveat. If you can get more value from Kizer you have to maximize value right? I think a 5th is the ceiling for Hundley and maybe that’s even a conditional pick. More for Kizer?

Yes. But with one caveat. If you can get more value from Kizer you have to maximize value right? I think a 5th is the ceiling for Hundley and maybe that’s even a conditional pick. More for Kizer?
I think a 7th for Hundley and a 5th for Kizer. Tyrod Taylor went to Browns for a third and he's a proven starting QB.

No he is not. Cobb and Alexander can return punts. Rollins, while not explosive, has actually looked comfortable receiving punts too. I would not keep Davis. But it sure seems that there is a conflict point set up between MM/Zook and Gute on this one. Davis is not Gute's draft pick, the other three guys are.

Lots of speculation here on who has final roster say, Gute or Murphy (and does Murphy side with MM or Gute), but we will learn something next week.

Throw Josh Jackson into that group as well.
He returned one punt................41 yards against the Steelers.

One scenario to consider is that the Packers keep Davis in a group of 7 WR on the roster for week 1.

After week 2, when Aaron Jones is eligible to come back, you decide if Davis stays or goes. If he stays, then you cut one of the other WR's and try to stash on the PS.

I don't believe anyone will be willing to trade any pick for either Kizer or Hundley. The same applies to Boyle. We just don't have guys that make someone take notice.

Suspension List: RB Aaron Jones

QB (3) Rodgers, Hundley, Kizer
RB (2) Williams, Montgomery
FB (1) Ripkowski
TE (3) Graham, Lewis, Kendricks
WR (7) Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Moore, MVS, EQ
OT (4) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs
OG (3) Taylor, McCray, Pankey
OC (2) Linsley, Patrick

DT (3) Daniels, Clark, Adams
DE (3) Wilkerson, Lowry, Looney
OLB (6) Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Donnerson, Biegel
ILB (3) Martinez, Burks, Thomas
CB (6) Williams, King, Alexander, House, Jackson, Rollins
SS (2) Brice, Jones
FS (2) Clinton-Dix, Whitehead

STs (3) K Crosby, P Scott, LS Triner

I'm not sure about
  • 3rd RB
  • 7th WR
  • Last OL spot Pankey? Bell?
  • Looney make it? ... I think so because Pettine usually kept 7 DL and plays 3 DL more often.
  • Back-end LB namely which 2 of these guys make it: Biegel, Thomas, Martini or Morrison
  • 6th CB is wide open
  • Cut S Evans?
  • Do they want to keep the draft pick LS? Or will they keep Triner who has made less mistakes (but it's not a huge margin, but still a margin).

I don't believe anyone will be willing to trade any pick for either Kizer or Hundley. The same applies to Boyle. We just don't have guys that make someone take notice.

Hundley I tend to agree. Kizer is an upgrade. ( yes with a straight face) so some as a backup. Especially with cost certaindy in the next 3 years. Horrible QB pool

I don't believe anyone will be willing to trade any pick for either Kizer or Hundley.

i'm pretty sure that if we package hundley, bell, davis, kendricks and biegel oakland will give us mack.

Back