Packers 53-man roster prediction 2018

QB(3)-Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle
RB(3)-Montgomery, Williams, Mays (Jones replaces Mays in two games)
FB(1)-Kerridge
WR(6)-Adams, Cobb, Allison, Moore, Valdes-Scantling, Kumerow
OL(9)-Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, Bell, Bulaga, Spriggs, Murphy, McCray, Patrick
TE(3)-Graham, Lewis, Tonyan
DL(5)-Wilkerson, Lowry, Daniels, Clark, Adams
LB(8)-Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Odom, Martinez, Burks, Thomas
CB(7)-Williams, Alexander, Hawkins, House, King, Jackson, Pipkins
S(5)-Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones, Whitehead, Rollins
K(1)-Crosby
LS(1)-Bradley
P(1)-Scott

I like everything but I would change:
QBs- Add Hundley. MM won't part with him.
RBs- Williams, Monty, Rip, Bou
WRs- Add Moore. They keep 8 due to Jones 2 week suspension. Extra time to see you who to release.
DL- No Lancaster. He goes to PS for Boyle since Boyle will not make it through waivers.
LBs- No Fackrell. He is done. Time to cut bait.

I might do another one after the 3rd preseason game, but this how I see it right now.

QB (3) Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle
RB (4) Williams, Montgomery, Mays, Ripkowski
WR(6) Adams, Cobb, Allison, Valdes-Scantling, St. Brown, Kumerow
TE (3)Graham, Lewis, Tonyan
OL (9) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs, Bell, Taylor, McCray, Patrick, Linsley
DL(5)Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry,
LB (9)Matthews, Perry, Biegel, Gilbert, Fackrell, Odom, Martinez, Burks, Martini
CB(6) King, Williams, Alexander, Jackson, Pipkins, House
S (5) Clinton-Dix, Jones, Brice, Evans, Rollins

ST (3)
Kicker: Crosby
Punter: Scott
Long snapper: Bradley

Practice Squad :
Lancaster DL, Donnerson LB , Waters CB, Moore WR, Pankey G/T

I think they keep Boyle to start and then get cute when Aaron Jones is ready to come back and cut him and try to stash him knowing teams are more set with their rosters after a couple of weeks. I see Moore going to the PS because he just hasn't done anything yet and I think his physical ability intrigues them more than Yancey or anyone else. They'll see if they can work with him. If he has a break-out game on Friday things might change, but I suspect not. I think Kendricks gets the axe because Tonyan has looked good and Kendricks can't block. They see Tonyan as a younger, taller version of Kendricks. Personally, I'd dump Fackrell, but really, is there anyone else on defense looking so good that you couldn't cut him from the 53 listed and stash him on the PS? They may also keep Trevor Davis over one of the OL guys. It's just that right now, he hasn't done anything and they are looking hard at other guys to fill the return roles - guys who might have more upside at WR

I have them keeping Donnerson and Moore on the PS because history suggests that they hate to part with drafted guys. It'll be interesting to see if they part ways with Looney. Maybe they try to keep him over Lancaster, though I don't know that Looney has done anything to warrant them keeping him on the PS. .

LBs- No Fackrell. He is done. Time to cut bait.

Fun fact from the Meaningless Stats Department: Kyler Fackrell currently has the 2nd most sacks of OLBs in his draft class. Even counting two way DEs who could play OLB but don't (Bosa, Floyd etc.) he'd still be top 5 in sacks. Weird right?

Fun fact from the Meaningless Stats Department: Kyler Fackrell currently has the 2nd most sacks of OLBs in his draft class. Even counting two way DEs who could play OLB but don't (Bosa, Floyd etc.) he'd still be top 5 in sacks. Weird right?

Fackrell while he has struggled is still better then Biegel IMO Biegel just does not seem like he's even a decent backup.

Wow. RP, that is amazing. I guess I take it back. :) Fackrell is the man!

Wow. RP, that is amazing. I guess I take it back. :) Fackrell is the man!

LOL. It's just weird isn't it? He's a completely part time player, was buried in the depth chart, doesn't do anything well and yet he's chipped in 5 sacks. Remember when BJ Raji went 2-3 years without a sack? He couldn't buy one but Fackrell has stumbled into a couple in limited action.

LOL. It's just weird isn't it? He's a completely part time player, was buried in the depth chart, doesn't do anything well and yet he's chipped in 5 sacks. Remember when BJ Raji went 2-3 years without a sack? He couldn't buy one but Fackrell has stumbled into a couple in limited action.

Ya..........the interesting part of that stat might be, did any of those sacks have an impact on a game outcome, or were they just meaningless? thumbsup

Back