Brewers 2022 Season Thread

Brewers approach at the plate is very confusing. Seems it's the philosophy of the organization to swing away in every situation. Maybe hitting just plain sucks. It needs to change because they won't win against good pitching and surely won't last in the playoffs if they do happen to finish in front of StL.

Watching this very streaky team is hard to do.
I get analytics is important but it seems this organization values it more than most. That said historically good pitching beats good hitting in October.

So Brewers have not won a series yet in July. Hitting still is crap as it has been all season. Pitching seems it might be going thru a burn out stage as they have seemed to be struggling also. Right now have to hope they play better 2nd half of the season. If they don't win the division they won't get a WC IMO. The hitting is below average and the pitching you can only hope to last so long. If they fail to win the division and don't make the playoffs I won't be shocked in the off-season Burnes and Hader are both traded and this team goes into a rebuild trying to get new young talent into the system.
Hader will be gone, Burnes no.

I get analytics is important but it seems this organization values it more than most. That said historically good pitching beats good hitting in October.
With MKE their poor hitting always catches up to them in Oct.

Brewers took a pitcher in 2nd that is intersting has hit 100 mph with fastball but has had injury issues. He is commited to LSU from the JC he is at now so will be interesting if he is signed.

With the 3rd pick the kid they drafted is the son of the Royals GM. Both the 1st and 3rd pick seem like guys taken to be under slot guys. Perhaps to use on their 2nd round pick in case they need to go over slot on him.

Burnes I think has 2 more years after this year but if this team is going no where in playoffs why not try to get big haul for him?
Because being a small market team financial control is important. And what do you get ? Prospects who like the draft of crap shoot.

Because being a small market team financial control is important. And what do you get ? Prospects who like the draft of crap shoot.
If you are going no were in the playoffs why not get prospects instead of keeping him for nothing

Back