Brewers 2022 Season Thread

Brewers finally smart and DFA'D cain.

Brewers finally smart and DFA'D cain.

I think the Brewers waited for Cain to hit his 10 year anniversary in the majors. That qualifies him for the full 10 years of service, and a full pension. If they waited because of that, it's a classy move on their part and gets them some points with the remaining players. Besides, they really didn't have much in terms of alternatives at this point. They were already playing Taylor in CF a good bit, but with Renfroe down for a while there, they really didn't have many options, and the farm system doesn't seem to have any guys ready to step in, yet. Hopefully Jonathan Davis continues to play well and can be a consistent option as the 4th outfielder.

I think the Brewers waited for Cain to hit his 10 year anniversary in the majors. That qualifies him for the full 10 years of service, and a full pension. If they waited because of that, it's a classy move on their part and gets them some points with the remaining players. Besides, they really didn't have much in terms of alternatives at this point. They were already playing Taylor in CF a good bit, but with Renfroe down for a while there, they really didn't have many options, and the farm system doesn't seem to have any guys ready to step in, yet. Hopefully Jonathan Davis continues to play well and can be a consistent option as the 4th outfielder.
Yeah I read they did wait so he could hit his 10 years. But Cain was just awful this year and last year. Some team might pick up up for vet min for rest of the season to keep as a defensive replacement.

See Brewers also outrighted Corey Ray to AAA which means he passed thru waivers to get there. Shows you how far he's fallen also from being a top 5 pick in 2016.

More on Yelich being moved up in the order

Give you credit moving him up into leadoff has seemed to be working for him. Granted he no longer has any power as he still only sits at 7 HR on the season.

Give you credit moving him up into leadoff has seemed to be working for him. Granted he no longer has any power as he still only sits at 7 HR on the season.
Thanks. I did not see the 1 slot more the 2 but I’ll take it. Was only partially right

Thanks. I did not see the 1 slot more the 2 but I’ll take it. Was only partially right
Still thought Brewers are not paying $27 million a year for what he's doing they paid that for MVP type play

I
Still thought Brewers are not paying $27 million a year for what he's doing they paid that for MVP type play
Your not getting MVP play year in and year out. See Nolan Aranado

Back