2024 Badger Football Thread

it is too bad the badgers had such an awful start. i think if they played usc today they could have beaten them. i am not unrealistic enough to think they will run the table from here on out, but i do think they will get a decent bowl game. it would be great if they could snag one of the big payout bowl games like the citrus or the alamo, but those will be out of their reach. maybe one of the mid-payoff bowls like the gator bowl?
I think this is true. I've also had an inkling the coaching staff was being a little conservative by not giving the kids we have out there now a shot at more time on the field.

Then I see the changes with Walker as #1 RB, and what appears to be a marked difference at QB. Coincidence because the rest of the team stepped it up? Could be, but they sure are making a difference in their own rights.

So possible in the next month the Badgers could play two top 5 teams in the nation in Oregon and PSU.

So possible in the next month the Badgers could play two top 5 teams in the nation in Oregon and PSU.
Rough road ahead. The objective would be one game at a time, and stay in the game against both of them, to have a shot at the end. Without winning either one, they could end up being considered as a team that's really on the rise for next year, assuming they can keep their cast of players together, and add a few difference makers in a few spots.

Rough road ahead. The objective would be one game at a time, and stay in the game against both of them, to have a shot at the end. Without winning either one, they could end up being considered as a team that's really on the rise for next year, assuming they can keep their cast of players together, and add a few difference makers in a few spots.
it would be great if they could at least keep the games close, but i would love to see them win one of them.

Reactions: TW
OK, last week's game was a defining moment for Bucky. Unfortunately, this week is the same - it's still do or die. Northwestern has always given Bucky fits. Bucky needs to win this game for so many reasons - the bowl streak, pride, a shot at a good bowl game, who knows, it's unlikely but a run at the B1G Championship and possibly the playoffs. But first, let's just get a win. A win would be tremendous for the fans, players, and coaching staff.

OK, last week's game was a defining moment for Bucky. Unfortunately, this week is the same - it's still do or die. Northwestern has always given Bucky fits. Bucky needs to win this game for so many reasons - the bowl streak, pride, a shot at a good bowl game, who knows, it's unlikely but a run at the B1G Championship and possibly the playoffs. But first, let's just get a win. A win would be tremendous for the fans, players, and coaching staff.
this is a statement game for the Badgers. They've shown they "might be" a half way decent team, but not everyone is convinced. If they beat the snot out of the Wildcats, and make them look like they're a HS team, they might be given a little love by more sports writers. It will also give the players just a little more belief in themselves, and that always helps.

After Northwestern, the Badges host Penn St, the #3 team in the nation, travel to Iowa, which is always a tough game in their house, and then come home to face #2 in the nation, Oregon, who punctured Ohio State's balloon as the #1 team in the nation. Did I mention this is a real gauntlet of games?

After that, we have Nebraska, that always plays us tough, and it's in their house, and the end comes with Minnesota coming to Madison, wanting that ax very badly. The Badgers need to hang onto it.

If we get three wins out of these 5 games, I'm gonna be happier than a pig in slop! I'd even settle for two, and not be overly upset.

Back