2024 Badger Football Thread

New thread for the new year...... onwisco)

Wisconsin offensive lineman Nolan Rucci has entered the transfer portal today.
Meh both Rucci bros were nothing special.

He must have seen his time was going to be reduced next year.

Nolan Rucci only got 6 snaps on offense all year. With Jack Nelson coming back, I think Rucci saw the handwriting on the wall. He likely wasn't going to start next season meaning he'd only get one shot - his senior season. With the quality guys coming in he might have realized there was a chance he'd never get any significant snaps.

Just looking at the guys who are coming back and the snap counts from 2023 it looks like Nelson, Mahlman, Brunner/Benzschawel, Huber and Renfro are the likely starters next year unless a young guy or portal kid pushes for snaps.

Badgers have added yet another linebacker from the transfer portal. This time is Jaheim Thomas who played at Arkansas last year but prior to that was at Cincinnati with Fickel. Last season, in 12 games he recorded 90 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks. Thomas finished fifth in the SEC in total tackles. He has one more year of eligibility remaining. This makes the 5th linebacker/edge they have added this off-season in the portal alone, with another 3 in the freshman class.

WOW>>>This will be the Badgers' fourth O-line coach in four seasons.

Yikes, this is not good - I think this will be the 5th coach in 5 years. That's become a revolving door coaching position. I think Bicknell was a Longo guy. With the mediocre play of the line, I think Fickell decided he wanted a guy he was more comfortable/familiar with.

I wonder if they decided he wasn't doing a good job, or was a good fit for another staff job? Re-assignments don't necessarily equate to demotions.

Yikes, this is not good - I think this will be the 5th coach in 5 years. That's become a revolving door coaching position. I think Bicknell was a Longo guy. With the mediocre play of the line, I think Fickell decided he wanted a guy he was more comfortable/familiar with.
Yeah he is but you need an air raid OL coach if your going to run the offense, If Jack is not there does that mean Longo and Fickell are not jiving? Longo has been recruiting these offensive players for his system so Fick could monkey a lot of stuff here.

Back