2024 Badger Football Thread

The program is a much better recruiting team with Fick, but the style switch has been brutal. UW lacks athletes at key positions, they do not have a key deep threat WR, the RB is just okay and our CB and safeties are just average or above.

Like it, hate it whatever, PC and Jimmy L left things fairly bare because they refused to recruit like the big boys and now you see it. Fick gets a really good class in next year and the following yr is shaping up decent.

As for this yr 5-6 wins maybe. I had several folks message me( not here) about them cutting bait, but to who? LL might leave Kansas but he's in his twilight years. Sean Ryan is about the most realistic, the coach from Washington State maybe after that not many would go to UW.

The smart move is to let Fick build, take your lumps this year, and hope for 25 to be his breakout.

Last note, PC isn't on anyone's list for a HC anymore, Jimmy L went back to the NFL as a position coach and also fell off the radar. That says a lot and how much Wisco folks overrated them... yeah they are hometown heroes but in this case not a good thing.

Last edited:
My Bucky glasses were way too rosy.

But still, why can't we get a quarterback? Locke was supposedly pushing Van Dyke hard for the job. Van Dyke goes down; Locke comes in and is horrible. I understand he didn't get many snaps, but how can he not be remotely ready?

Why aren't we truly trying to run the Air Raid. I don't believe it's smart to convert the offense and then not run it - even if our guys aren't athletic enough to make it hum. Do it or don't. Just do it.

More distressing than our physical limitations are the mental malfunctions. Bucky seems to miss a ton of assignments. Who's coaching them? Do players have to be coddled so much now that mistakes cannot be corrected? What tge hell?

I want Coach Fick and his staff to succeed. But, damn they have to buck up, win, and play big time football. Other programs are turning around with less. The coaches seats are deservely getting hot. I hope they step up.

My Bucky glasses were way too rosy.

But still, why can't we get a quarterback? Locke was supposedly pushing Van Dyke hard for the job. Van Dyke goes down; Locke comes in and is horrible. I understand he didn't get many snaps, but how can he not be remotely ready?

Why aren't we truly trying to run the Air Raid. I don't believe it's smart to convert the offense and then not run it - even if our guys aren't athletic enough to make it hum. Do it or don't. Just do it.

More distressing than our physical limitations are the mental malfunctions. Bucky seems to miss a ton of assignments. Who's coaching them? Do players have to be coddled so much now that mistakes cannot be corrected? What tge hell?

I want Coach Fick and his staff to succeed. But, damn they have to buck up, win, and play big time football. Other programs are turning around with less. The coaches seats are deservely getting hot. I hope they step up.
Being an optimist is good. There's times we all are a bit over enthusiastic. I'm afraid I kind of felt that way with us adapting to the new offense. Longo's plan might never fit into the Badgers for the future. A lot of that has to do with their core recruiting areas, and where the majority of the players they can grab that are quality, are.

TW, I fear we are getting guys that look good rather than guys who just play.

We have too many guys who just don't get it done.

TW, I fear we are getting guys that look good rather than guys who just play.

We have too many guys who just don't get it done.
The whole landscape of the game is changing. The Badgers are a year behind the powerhouse teams. Then their idea of having an Amish NIL system went over like a lead balloon. Giving a kid a couple of gigs to sign autographs and get a jingle in their jeans doesn't even touch the amount of money NIL is giving out.

I'm not sure that the Badgers will even get close to generating the NIL money needed to make them a candidate for the group of 12 at the end of the season. Time will tell.

Fickell won't go anywhere but I think he will dismiss at leat one of his coordinators.

I thought people were reaching with the 8 win season to be honest. I had hopes, but I thought 7 might be it. Now, without Van Dyke, 6 might be a reach.
yeah, no way we win 6. 3, maybe 4 at the most - and that includes the two games we already won.

Fickell won't go anywhere but I think he will dismiss at leat one of his coordinators.
The question really is whether or not Fickell will stay long in Madison. He has the credentials to coach a team with aspirations for the playoffs, and if Wisconsin supporters don't pony up the money through NIL, he's going to end up going somewhere where they can and will. When it happens, we can't blame him. Who wouldn't want to make it to the top.

The question really is whether or not Fickell will stay long in Madison. He has the credentials to coach a team with aspirations for the playoffs, and if Wisconsin supporters don't pony up the money through NIL, he's going to end up going somewhere where they can and will. When it happens, we can't blame him. Who wouldn't want to make it to the top.
IMO he's going to have to put up some results first at UW before bigger and better programs beat down his door.

Don't accept mediocrity.

That's why we got rid of Christ.

Bielemna has turned IL around. IL!!!!!!

All these BS excuses as to why we Bucky isn't succeeding are BS!!!!!!!

It is and as long as people find reasons to explain Bucky athleticsv, we won't succeed.

Back