2024 Badger Football Thread

Look at the offensive line for Northern Illinois that just beat Notre Dame:

LT Evan Malone, Redshirt Sophomore, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin 6-foot-6, 298 pounds

LG J.J. Lippe Redshirt Senior., Milwaukee Whitefish Bay, 6-foot-5, 311 pounds

C Logan Zschernitz, Redshirt Senior, Spencer, Wisconsin, 6-foot-3, 305 pounds.

RG John Champe, Senior, Brookfield, Wisconsin, 6-foot-4, 321 pounds

RT Evan Buss, Senior, Kimberly, Wisconsin, 6-foot-6, 312 pounds.

While the guys we got are not controlling the line against Western Michigan and South Dakota.

That explains the situation that Paul Chryst recruiting left.

Still fingers crossed for this weekend.

Look at the offensive line for Northern Illinois that just beat Notre Dame:

LT Evan Malone, Redshirt Sophomore, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin 6-foot-6, 298 pounds

LG J.J. Lippe Redshirt Senior., Milwaukee Whitefish Bay, 6-foot-5, 311 pounds

C Logan Zschernitz, Redshirt Senior, Spencer, Wisconsin, 6-foot-3, 305 pounds.

RG John Champe, Senior, Brookfield, Wisconsin, 6-foot-4, 321 pounds

RT Evan Buss, Senior, Kimberly, Wisconsin, 6-foot-6, 312 pounds.

While the guys we got are not controlling the line against Western Michigan and South Dakota.

That explains the situation that Paul Chryst recruiting left.

Still fingers crossed for this weekend.
badgers used to be recognized as one of the best sources of nfl offensive linemen. i sure hope fickell can get them back to that sort of prestige.

So today was horrible.

I wasn't able to watch it as I had a date to play golf - it went completely the opposite of Bucky Football.

But, reading about the debacle:

What is a little at least excusable:

1) Van Dyke gets hurt in the first series. Bucky apparently was moving the ball. Oh what could have been.

What isn't:

1) Turnovers.

2) Defense? Seems like there were lots of miscues.

3) Offense going for it on 4th? With a second string QB who isn't lighting it up? Wasn't it 2 plays and 21 -3 at half. Instead of maybe, 14 - 6?

I think Coach Fick is good. I think the Air Raid could be good. But, what the hell. You need a damn Quarterback. We maybe had one with Van Dyke. I'm not saying we need to change offensive systems. But, why the hell can't we get some quarterbacks? Why?

If I can get a date - and she was cute nice and fun, how can't Wisconsin get a damn quarterback? How?

It feels like 5 wins is the high water mark for this year. Unfortunately Locke doesn't have the physical abilities or arm talent to make defenses stress. They'll play well enough in a couple of games to win against the weaker teams on the schedule and maybe even surprise someone. Bowl game is likely in jeopardy.

It feels like 5 wins is the high water mark for this year. Unfortunately Locke doesn't have the physical abilities or arm talent to make defenses stress. They'll play well enough in a couple of games to win against the weaker teams on the schedule and maybe even surprise someone. Bowl game is likely in jeopardy.
I thought people were reaching with the 8 win season to be honest. I had hopes, but I thought 7 might be it. Now, without Van Dyke, 6 might be a reach.

Injuries happen, and teams who deserve to move forward after them have the guys in reserve, ready to step in, and take the game forward. We just don't have that kind of depth in Madison at this point. It takes time. We have a QB who's learning, but still a ways off from stepping in and being a force. Mettauer appears to be that guy, but not even that is guaranteed. But, that's a discussion for another year.

Back