2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

The only thing they're going to win is the notoriety of being the NBA team that wasted the most money.
Horst systematically destroyed the chemistry, and brought in coaches who didn't have a clue how to build it back. They wasted all that money, and got nothing for it.

The Bucks pulled it together to hammer the Pacers last night. It's just the first game of the series, but they played fairly well without Giannis in the lineup. Lillard was on fire in the first half, but shut out in the second. In fact, the Bucks were lethargic during the second half, playing like they have been during their losing streak.

I don't expect the Pacers are going to slow the game down one bit. They're young, and fast in transition, and for the Bucks, it drains them needing more change ups in the lineup. Doc has to understand that. Older legs get rubbery when they're tired. You not only play badly, you risk injuries.

It was obvious though that this team is going nowhere unless they get more consistent. They also need Giannis, but he has to play a much more team oriented game out there.

The Bucks pulled it together to hammer the Pacers last night. It's just the first game of the series, but they played fairly well without Giannis in the lineup. Lillard was on fire in the first half, but shut out in the second. In fact, the Bucks were lethargic during the second half, playing like they have been during their losing streak.

I don't expect the Pacers are going to slow the game down one bit. They're young, and fast in transition, and for the Bucks, it drains them needing more change ups in the lineup. Doc has to understand that. Older legs get rubbery when they're tired. You not only play badly, you risk injuries.

It was obvious though that this team is going nowhere unless they get more consistent. They also need Giannis, but he has to play a much more team oriented game out there.
they played good team defense in the first half as well as Lillard getting hot. But I agree they came out after half time and were not quite as intense as they were. Doc needs to be more active.

i don't know. they built a 21 point lead by halftime with hot shooting and good defense, overcoming the loss of their best player. that probably took a lot out of them. but they maintained that lead through most of the second half and never relinquished the lead, still winning by 15. i realize that indiana is not the toughest team they will potentially face, but they did beat the bucks all four times that they played each other during the regular season.

It looked to me like Lillard knew expectations for him were high, due to his historical reputation in the playoffs, and having the freedom to be the lead player like he is used to before he joined the Bucks (also saw more emotion than usual from Lillard on a lot of plays in the first half). I'd say he met those expectations, but I'm not all of a sudden expecting anything miraculous for the Bucks in the playoffs in general.

It looked to me like Lillard knew expectations for him were high, due to his historical reputation in the playoffs, and having the freedom to be the lead player like he is used to before he joined the Bucks (also saw more emotion than usual from Lillard on a lot of plays in the first half). I'd say he met those expectations, but I'm not all of a sudden expecting anything miraculous for the Bucks in the playoffs in general.
What concerned me most was the lack of punch by the rest of the team during the second half. Yeah, they did good, but if you think about it, Dame was not only getting double teamed, sometimes it was traps and triple teams, and they still couldn't maneuver to open spots to get shots. Those that did weren't hitting them, because they seemed to want to live on the outside, and didn't challenge in the middle because of a couple of blocks that happened earlier in the game.

You gotta go back to the well, when you know you can beat that defense, but they didn't.

I fear that Indiana realizes that their second half defense can hurt the Bucks enough to keep them in the game tomorrow night, and steal a win. Especially if the Bucks end up on rubbery legs again. Sometimes protecting players by not overplaying them during the season can hurt as well. They don't have the stamina to do more minutes when needed.

What concerned me most was the lack of punch by the rest of the team during the second half. Yeah, they did good, but if you think about it, Dame was not only getting double teamed, sometimes it was traps and triple teams, and they still couldn't maneuver to open spots to get shots. Those that did weren't hitting them, because they seemed to want to live on the outside, and didn't challenge in the middle because of a couple of blocks that happened earlier in the game.

You gotta go back to the well, when you know you can beat that defense, but they didn't.

I fear that Indiana realizes that their second half defense can hurt the Bucks enough to keep them in the game tomorrow night, and steal a win. Especially if the Bucks end up on rubbery legs again. Sometimes protecting players by not overplaying them during the season can hurt as well. They don't have the stamina to do more minutes when needed.
Have the Bucks not always lived by the 3 and died by the 3?

Have the Bucks not always lived by the 3 and died by the 3?
You don't need to make it 2/3 of your offense, if you play decent defense. The twos are more than enough, due to sheer make percentage.

I watched the Knicks beat the 76ers again last night. Donte DiVincenzo hit the winning 3 point shot to get the win. He had one helluva game. He's had a lot of them since leaving Milwaukee. He was so underutilized by coaches. It was criminal.

Now we don't even have the guy we got as part of the trade where we lost him. The guy we got was also traded away and is called the "floor leader" of the Boston Celtics, the top team in the East.

We need to thank John Horst for making sure the Bucks are the worst managed team in the NBA, from top to bottom. We have talent on the roster, and it's constantly squandered.

Back