2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

I watched the Knicks beat the 76ers again last night. Donte DiVincenzo hit the winning 3 point shot to get the win. He had one helluva game. He's had a lot of them since leaving Milwaukee. He was so underutilized by coaches. It was criminal.

Now we don't even have the guy we got as part of the trade where we lost him. The guy we got was also traded away and is called the "floor leader" of the Boston Celtics, the top team in the East.

We need to thank John Horst for making sure the Bucks are the worst managed team in the NBA, from top to bottom. We have talent on the roster, and it's constantly squandered.
Maybe Horst can trade another first round pick, along with Giannis and Dame, to someone who has a 39 year old bench warmer who plans on one more year in the NBA, then checking into a retirement home. It's about what he's been doing.

He just doesn't understand what talent is in basketball, and he keeps hiring coaches who fail to see how they should be coached.

No doubt, at the end of this year, all the problems will be blamed on everyone else, while Lillard and Giannis are held up as having "done their best" with a limited cast for support. At that point, I will walk away from the Bucks, after being there supporting them since the first game they played in Milwaukee, which I attended.

Crappy Bucks returned again tonight after their fluke game 1 of playing well.

Tonight the Bucks starters shot only 31-69 from FG and 13-27 from 3 in a blow loss at home.

It looked pretty bad last night. They were out played through speed. The Pacers were up and down the floor so fast that the Bucks were gasping for air. They just can't play at the speed of teams like Indiana.

Too many glaring holes created by idiotic trades.

Time to trade players and release others, so a complete rebuild can be done on youth through the draft.

Freeing up money in the cap is essential, to create room to add a couple of young, budding super stars through FA as well.

But, before you do that, you need to dump the coaching staff and front office, and start over. There are guys on the sidelines that can help, as coaches, but they need to be rehired with a new guy in charge, who would want them on board. The GM also has to be someone who knows what he's doing when it comes to building a roster based on his coach's concepts. It's a team effort in support.

The question is, who do you hire to start building this program. I believe you need to put a new President in place, who has basketball prowess, instead of being a numbers guy who's clueless about the game itself.

Bucks went to ass once they brought Jimmy Haslam in as part owner guy is cancer in Cleveland as owner and cancer in MKE teams can't succed with him as a owner. He was the one who screwed that team over with the Watson deal.

Bucks went to ass once they brought Jimmy Haslam in as part owner guy is cancer in Cleveland as owner and cancer in MKE teams can't succed with him as a owner. He was the one who screwed that team over with the Watson deal.
Haslam has this tendency to believe he's the smartest person in the room, and that's where it all starts to go haywire. He's usually the dumbest.

Wow! Talk about a team effort. Seven players working their tails off on both ends of the floor. The best defense I saw all year. Watching Connie, Pat Bev, and Malik ripping into the Pacers offense, with quick outlet passes, and moving the ball around to the open man, was what I've been waiting to see all year long, and it had to take our two big guns sitting on the bench, unable to play. This was the way they played when t hey won the whole show. It was a game that I didn't miss one minute of from start to finish.

Not one selfish moment by anyone on that floor last night. A team totally in tune with each other on the floor. The intensity was amazing. They refused to let the Pacers beat them, even though they were getting beat on the floor consistently in the first quarter. It's like it lit a match under them. Middleton and Portis showed why they are so important to a team, and the way Lopez battled Siakim, and anyone else who dared to challenge under the bucket was what we've seen from Lopez before. Connie, actually battling under the boards, and beating guys having 6" or more on him in height, and coming away with the boards, or forcing turnovers.

If they played basketball like they did last night, all season long, they'd be a heavy favorite to win it all. Maybe what the ownership should look at is how they can continue to utilize a lot of the role players we have, and bring in more team oriented scoring and leadership that's younger? Of course that would mean getting something really good out of both Lillard and Giannis in trades. It's all about the team, not the guy by name.

Doc claiming Giannis and Dame are "close" to playing. We all know close only counts in horseshoes and handgernades so we will see if they play Thursday in IN.

Wow! Talk about a team effort. Seven players working their tails off on both ends of the floor. The best defense I saw all year. Watching Connie, Pat Bev, and Malik ripping into the Pacers offense, with quick outlet passes, and moving the ball around to the open man, was what I've been waiting to see all year long, and it had to take our two big guns sitting on the bench, unable to play. This was the way they played when t hey won the whole show. It was a game that I didn't miss one minute of from start to finish.

Not one selfish moment by anyone on that floor last night. A team totally in tune with each other on the floor. The intensity was amazing. They refused to let the Pacers beat them, even though they were getting beat on the floor consistently in the first quarter. It's like it lit a match under them. Middleton and Portis showed why they are so important to a team, and the way Lopez battled Siakim, and anyone else who dared to challenge under the bucket was what we've seen from Lopez before. Connie, actually battling under the boards, and beating guys having 6" or more on him in height, and coming away with the boards, or forcing turnovers.

If they played basketball like they did last night, all season long, they'd be a heavy favorite to win it all. Maybe what the ownership should look at is how they can continue to utilize a lot of the role players we have, and bring in more team oriented scoring and leadership that's younger? Of course that would mean getting something really good out of both Lillard and Giannis in trades. It's all about the team, not the guy by name.
once they turned up the defense starting Q2 it was a different game. IN wasn't getting open looks, and as a result their shooting % went WAY down. Bucks can win this yet if they keep it up (and get Dame and the Freak back)

once they turned up the defense starting Q2 it was a different game. IN wasn't getting open looks, and as a result their shooting % went WAY down. Bucks can win this yet if they keep it up (and get Dame and the Freak back)
But only if both Giannis and Lillard make themselves part of the defensive effort, and share the rock. Teamwork is still the key to winning in the NBA.

Back