2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

i'm confused. didn't the bucks win game 1 by 15 points with dame playing 38 minutes (the most of any bucks player in the game)?
Rest assured, he's going to be rusty, and everyone else is going to have to step up. If he gets 38 points, but doesn't play any defense because he's winded, I'm not certain that will win the game for the Bucks tonight.

Rest assured, he's going to be rusty, and everyone else is going to have to step up. If he gets 38 points, but doesn't play any defense because he's winded, I'm not certain that will win the game for the Bucks tonight.
probably not just rusty. he's also likely not to be fully recovered from his injury.

Apparently Lillard is now listed as 'available'.

We'll see!

How much you want to bet we will hear BS if MKE and won Giannis would have played game 7. Thing is he's NEVER able to play when it matters. He's hurt way to much when it matters. I am ready to blow this team up go into a rebuild longer you wait older this team gets and you have no trade value anywhere and are a crappy team with no trade assets and no draft picks.

How much you want to bet we will hear BS if MKE and won Giannis would have played game 7. Thing is he's NEVER able to play when it matters. He's hurt way to much when it matters. I am ready to blow this team up go into a rebuild longer you wait older this team gets and you have no trade value anywhere and are a crappy team with no trade assets and no draft picks.
The nba, especially in the playoffs, is about star players. No Giannis, they weren’t going to get much help from officiating. Officiating wasn’t why the bucks lost tonight, but they certainly didn’t get any help all series.

Everything I said bad about Lillard showed up last night. He would not neutralize the point guard while on defense. He may have scored 26, but he gave up 40 or more through sloppy play. He would not get down court to stop fast breaks, making others runs their legs off trying to do it, and he would not give up the rock for anyone else to get better shots. He's a selfish player, no matter what anyone says. They were flat, because he was in the lineup, and choking the life out of the other players with him on the floor.

Giannis is a great player, but as indicated, he's at an age now where his style of play is going to get him injured way too often to be counted on in an 82 game run, and the playoffs. Time to trade him away, as well as Lillard.

Keep the guys on the team who have shown they have the heart to play both ends of the floor, and play for "team," not individual stats. It's time to start the rebuild, and let's hope they fire the entire coaching staff and front office. It's time to get rid of all of them, and change the culture on the team. But, I'd be very careful not to jettison the players who have shown they put team and community first, because they are the support cast that will create the framework for the new stars to come in, and do their thing. With high draft picks for the next few years, and not a handful of retreads off someone's roster is the way to go. Use cap room to bring in a couple of stars in the making, and turn them into the type of leaders that wins games.

But, I fear that will never happen. I'm not certain ownership is willing to take that plunge. I think they're going to keep on spinning their wheels, and will, as long as the attendance at games is high.

Despite trying to push himself to be available to the Bucks for the playoffs, Giannis Antetokounmpo acknowledged he was "not close" to returning from his strained left calf, adding he only could run at about 30-40%.

Apparently, Beverly tossed a ball at a couple of Pacers fans and demanded an ESPN reporter subscribe to his podcast before he'd answer questions last night. Wow.

I'm sure the Pacers fans were getting on him and the Bucks as Bucks fans would have been if the Bucks were ending the Pacers season, but players have to live with that stuff.

And, Holy Cow - demanding a Reporter subscribe to your podcast to get questions answered in an interview?

Apparently, Beverly tossed a ball at a couple of Pacers fans and demanded an ESPN reporter subscribe to his podcast before he'd answer questions last night. Wow.

I'm sure the Pacers fans were getting on him and the Bucks as Bucks fans would have been if the Bucks were ending the Pacers season, but players have to live with that stuff.

And, Holy Cow - demanding a Reporter subscribe to your podcast to get questions answered in an interview?
Saw the clip looks like at near end of game a fan lightly tossed a ball at him like he wanted it signed or something he caught it and threw it hard back at him

So Dame pretty much saying he did not give a crap this year to try to get in shape and was a lost cause. Trade him.

In their exit meeting dame told doc “Coach I was never in the shape that I needed to be in, I had to wait all summer because you’re scared to play when you’re about to get traded you don’t want to get injured, It was my worst off season I’ve ever had. I guarantee you next year you’re going to see me in the best shape you’ve ever seen.”

Back