2021 Off Season Thread

I can see waiting until after the draft as they see how it falls but NFL did change rules few years back to designate a player a post June cut right away so you would not have to make players wait to be cut after June and have they wait late in off-season to be cut and have to find new team.
So what your saying is, even if GB waits until after June 1st before they release Lowry they still can’t count it as a post June 1st release.
Really?
I should have worded it better.
I thought the last paragraph explained waiting until after June 1st to release him.

Walter>>>>
Packers re-sign TE Marcedes Lewis (2 years, $8 million): D Grade
The Packers have done some very odd things lately. They wasted a pick on Jordan Love; they've allowed their key offensive linemen to leave via free agency; and they re-signed a running back to a huge deal after spending a second-round selection on the same position. Add this signing to the list, as the Packers overpaid Marcedes Lewis for no reason.

I'm not sure why the Packers felt the need to give a 37-year-old blocking tight end $4 million per year. Perhaps Lewis will do some ancillary things for this money like running the hot dog stand when the defense is on the field. Lewis is good at blocking, but he's 37. No one was going to give him more than $2 million per season, so why did the Packers give him double that sum? This isn't the worst signing we've seen, but it also makes no sense.

What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here???!?!?

This off-season is like watching a squirrel try to hump a doorknob. Just w....t....f....

Not really. They signed Brady, which is kind of a freak thing when a HOF QB becomes available. But their biggest difference makers were all draft picks. I think a better example would be the Eagles a couple years ago, who built a just-good-enough secondary through FA on their way to a SB title.

well, if you don't think signing brady is "winning free agency", i can't help you.

well, if you don't think signing brady is "winning free agency", i can't help you.
I guess you can’t help me. If winning free agency means signing Tom Brady when you have Aaron Rodgers, I don’t know what conversation we’re having here. I thought we were talking about using UFA to fill out and build up a roster.

Back