What the hell is going on out there ? Roster cut edition

We're sure he wasn't in any hot tubs last weekend? Just saying, there's a history in GB...

Reactions: TW
i'm with ec on this. one thing i know for sure, ted thompson loves draft picks. and he really loves comp picks. so i'm speculating that there had to be something fairly significant that compelled him to just let sitton go without any compensation whatsoever.
I agree with you and EC as well. I do not believe it had anything to do with a supposed rift between MM and Sitton, maybe some to do with contract and some to do with decline in performance, but mainly due to an unspecified incident. I have my “smoking gun theory” that Sunday may or may not prove it.

Reactions: TW
I suspect if we start out the season strong and Taylor holds up all this talk about moving on from TT and MM will disappear.

The Packers have let plenty of players play out their contracts and then let them walk, getting comp picks. I can't buy the speculation that the contract not going to be extended was what led to Sitton being let go. Something is really fishy here.

I have my “smoking gun theory” that Sunday may or may not prove it.

Ooooo, intrigue! Do we have to wait until Sunday to hear it?

And yes, it goes against the Packer way. They have a history of keeping players - even on big contracts - until those deals are up so long as the player is performing reasonably well. Tramon Williams, Peppers - go through and see the pattern. Something happened to make MM want to get rid of Sitton so badly that TT was willing to forgo the comp pick and go through with it.

Not me. ;) I'll be that guy all season long....
I'll be right there with ya', buddy! I think it's the brilliance of Rodgers that gives the Packers a chance every year. Twenty years of Favre ab Rodgers and only two Super Bowls is nutz. Count me in, Cheesedog! thumbsup

The Packers have let plenty of players play out their contracts and then let them walk, getting comp picks. I can't buy the speculation that the contract not going to be extended was what led to Sitton being let go. Something is really fishy here.
Since we don't know and speculation is all we have, how about this?

Josh and TJ are told they are on the bottom of the priority list for being extended. Josh goes in to talk with MM. Things escalate, things are said that can't be taken back. Josh knows that in a year he has less bargaining power (he's 31 then) especially if he gets injured (though not a history of missing games- he has been nicked up a lot the last couple years). He comments about MMs play calling and the fiasco at the beginning of the season. MM comments about the fall off in performance. Followed by
"You suck"
"you suck too"
"let me go then"
"Fine, I will."
"You don't have the balls"
"I do too!"

Just another possible scenario. Josh called out Pittsburgh Macho.

Dubz I think you might have come closer than most out there. I can see Sitton saying that and I can see MM dumping him for it. I do understand Sitton's concern in his last contract year and no doubt his last contract but there is one thing you never do and that is try and back your boss in a corner. Unless I have missed it where has his agent been. They are usually the first ones to stick up for their player.

Back