What the hell is going on out there ? Roster cut edition

Again your "theory" is based on a third party report just as the one I am throwing out there. Look at these >>

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood Sep 5
You can sum up reaction inside #Packers locker room to Josh Sitton's release in one word: disbelief. LT David Bakhtiari: "I had no idea."

Mike Daniels on #Packers practices vs. Sitton: "He made me better. Every other guard in comparison is like, ‘Oh, yeah, well he ain’t Josh.’"

[bcolor=#ffff00]Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood Sep 5
Last time #Packers locker room had a mood like today, and it didn't follow a playoff loss, was after WR Jordy Nelson tore his ACL.[/bcolor]

Sorry the "altercation" thing holds no water based just on the reactions above. If that had been the case everyone in that locker room would have known it... they don't/didn't. Something smells and I don't think we will ever really know.

Those statements don't tell me anything other than the players were stunned and saddened he was released. I felt there was more to the story even before I heard the rumors of an altercation. I am not talking about what I heard about an altercation publicly because I can't verify it and probably never will be able to but I am still not convinced that Sitton is without fault. There has to be more to the story than MM and TT screwed the pooch.

I agree with Half Empty that if it was a cut just becasue they didn't want to deal with the contract or they wanted to stay young then TT is an utter moron and both he and MM should be gone yesterday. The fact that no one can explain it in terms that make business sense lead me to believe there is more to it.

So listening to Bill Micheals on radio. He talked about maybe putting Bulaga over at LG and putting Spriggs at RT.

Those statements don't tell me anything other than the players were stunned and saddened he was released. I felt there was more to the story even before I heard the rumors of an altercation. I am not talking about what I heard about an altercation publicly because I can't verify it and probably never will be able to but I am still not convinced that Sitton is without fault. There has to be more to the story than MM and TT screwed the pooch.

I agree with Half Empty that if it was a cut just becasue they didn't want to deal with the contract or they wanted to stay young then TT is an utter moron and both he and MM should be gone yesterday. The fact that no one can explain it in terms that make business sense lead me to believe there is more to it.

Of course there is more to it... However MM/TT are not infallible and have been prone to be in error more and more as time has gone on. I think you are expecting a rational answer to an irrational situation. Sometimes there just isn't one. sh))

Last edited:
I never said they are infallible. I just don't think they are imbeciles either. I am ready for MM and TT to go as they frustrate me to no end. I just think that nearly every explanation presented to date has been blaming MM and TT. I cannot believe they are going to cut a pro bowler under contract without cause to save a few bucks they didn't need.

Nobody is saying much of anything. All sides must see the outpouring of outrage about this matter and yet we see nothing as far as one side taking a shot, or explaining their position, as we see a lot when something like this goes down. Was it so amicable of a departure that these guys truly hold no hard feelings? Could be. This is Packerland and all of this gnashing of teeth just may be for nothing. So much silence on the subject leads me to believe it was more than just contract.

Sitton questioned play calling. MM said that Sitton needs to worry about playing guard. What I think happened Sitton voiced his thoughts once to often in front of other players MM was sick of it and told hi he was gone. If that's the case both sides are at fault. Sitton should hot have been bad mouthing the coach in front of other players. But MM should have been an adult and told him you have a problem with me come into my office and tell me face to face not to the players and undermine me.

I'd like to see the links where Sitton is "bad mouthing the coach in front of other players" and MM responding with "Sitton needs to worry about playing guard." I tried to find and came up with this:

Sitton (12/28/2015, after a tough loss): "I think the philosophy of our offense has changed or needs to change or whatever you want to say. We need to be a team that goes out there and runs it 30 times a game. When you get games like this, obviously you can't do that. And a lot of the games we've been in this year have gone this way [with the team falling behind] and we haven't been able to do that [in the run game]. But I think our recipe for success, yeah I think it has changed."

On 1/3/2016, Sitton replaces the poorly performing Barclay as LT and Lane Taylor starts at LG.

MM (1/7/16, on the difficulty of generating running plays): "First of all, Josh Sitton needs to play guard. That’s where he’ll play this week."

Somehow, as near as I can tell, some sports hack spins the above into Sitton bad mouths the coach resulting in MM saying "Josh Sitton needs to play guard."

I'd like to see the links where Sitton is "bad mouthing the coach in front of other players" and MM responding with "Sitton needs to worry about playing guard." I tried to find and came up with this:

Sitton (12/28/2015, after a tough loss): "I think the philosophy of our offense has changed or needs to change or whatever you want to say. We need to be a team that goes out there and runs it 30 times a game. When you get games like this, obviously you can't do that. And a lot of the games we've been in this year have gone this way [with the team falling behind] and we haven't been able to do that [in the run game]. But I think our recipe for success, yeah I think it has changed."

On 1/3/2016, Sitton replaces the poorly performing Barclay as LT and Lane Taylor starts at LG.

MM (1/7/16, on the difficulty of generating running plays): "First of all, Josh Sitton needs to play guard. That’s where he’ll play this week."

Somehow, as near as I can tell, some sports hack spins the above into Sitton bad mouths the coach resulting in MM saying "Josh Sitton needs to play guard."
Sitton, among other players, has been saying for weeks that the Green Bay Packers need to find a way to run the ball more, something he reiterated this week when he called for Eddie Lacy and James Starks to get “30-plus carries” against the Redskins.
“Well, first of all, Josh Sitton needs to play guard, and that's where he'll play this week, he'll play left guard,” McCarthy said Thursday. “As far as how many times you run it, how many times you pass it, in regards to the last game, we ran the ball out of a particular personnel group, the first series was successful [and] went with the similar concepts out of a personnel group that we majored in, in preparation, and didn't run the ball very well at all.
“So that's the facts of the matter. So how you go into games with a direction and which direction the game takes you, it happens usually every time you line up and play the game of football. So it's my job to call the plays, and it's the players' job to run the plays.”

Sitton, among other players, has been saying for weeks that the Green Bay Packers need to find a way to run the ball more, something he reiterated this week when he called for Eddie Lacy and James Starks to get “30-plus carries” against the Redskins.
“Well, first of all, Josh Sitton needs to play guard, and that's where he'll play this week, he'll play left guard,” McCarthy said Thursday. “As far as how many times you run it, how many times you pass it, in regards to the last game, we ran the ball out of a particular personnel group, the first series was successful [and] went with the similar concepts out of a personnel group that we majored in, in preparation, and didn't run the ball very well at all.
“So that's the facts of the matter. So how you go into games with a direction and which direction the game takes you, it happens usually every time you line up and play the game of football. So it's my job to call the plays, and it's the players' job to run the plays.”

[bcolor=#ffff00]Sitton, among other players [/bcolor] ..... so it wasn't just him. Second I believe if you read that slowly he was at that point moving Sitton back to OG after playing him at OT.. he was speaking in General in that last part not necessarily about Sitton. Remember MM is a poor speaker in those pressers... don't read a ton into the above.

Well one thing for sure....his release had nothing to do with money or contract....that came out today on Homer with Wilde. And doesn't seem like anything in the locker room with player vs player(s)

Well one thing for sure....his release had nothing to do with money or contract....that came out today on Homer with Wilde. And doesn't seem like anything in the locker room with player vs player(s)

Glad Wilde had something on that today. Chmura was fairly vague yesterday, and Jason wasn't quite prepared.

Back