What the hell is going on out there ? Roster cut edition

And if we win it all are you still going to call for a change at the top?
And what if he does? The whole "if they win it all thing ' is silly... I can turn that around and ask you if they go 0-16 will you be asking questions or still on the back the pack no matter what train ? I prefaced this thread as speculative to begin with ..so don't take it so seriously.

And if we win it all are you still going to call for a change at the top?

That's an interesting hypothetical. Since I believe there is an almost 0% chance that happens notsure I can say either way.. But to be honest I might still say it's time for Mm to ride off into the sunset on a high note if they win it all

That's an interesting hypothetical. Since I believe there is an almost 0% chance that happens notsure I can say either way.. But to be honest I might still say it's time for Mm to ride off into the sunset on a high note if they win it all

It's gonna end, when it ends, similar to the Sherman era. TT will be let go first. MM will stay on for one year until the new GM realizes he has a different plan. Then the new regime will begin. JMO.

And what if he does? The whole "if they win it all thing ' is silly... I can turn that around and ask you if they go 0-16 will you be asking questions or still on the back the pack no matter what train ? I prefaced this thread as speculative to begin with ..so don't take it so seriously.

Why is it silly? Do you along with Cheesedog think it is impossible? We can't predict the future but we do have some talent and nationally we are considered a SB contender. We probably will be favored in every game this year save one or two of them. I think we have just as much a chance as some of the other favorites in the NFC. If we win this weekend we'll already be one game ahead of Carolina.

Of course if we go 0-16 heads will roll.

The bottom line is the Packers wanted to move on. A lot of rumors and theories out there. I work with a lady who is good friends with one of Josh's best friends from his UCF days. I told her about the move and when she texted this friend all he would say is "It's a long story". I think this is all bigger than contracts, but who knows. He's gone, but at least he is being classy. I wish him well.

Why is it silly? Do you along with Cheesedog think it is impossible? We can't predict the future but we do have some talent and nationally we are considered a SB contender. We probably will be favored in every game this year save one or two of them. I think we have just as much a chance as some of the other favorites in the NFC. If we win this weekend we'll already be one game ahead of Carolina.

Of course if we go 0-16 heads will roll.

To be honest yes I think it's impossible. Because I don't think MM has it in him to defeat those top teams in championship (NFC and SB) games. I think Arod deserves more credit for the success of the team than MM who really is more like a boss who has a middle manager that makes him look good. We see it every time Arod has a bad game or when he was injured. Nobody steps up and MM isn't capable of game planning to help him.

That 2010 SB team was stacked with team leaders and talent who made that run possible. This team has neither the leadership nor the overall talent that team did. Not even close. Could they conceivably make a SB run? Sure anything is possible. But I don't believe MM has the game planning ability to make up for that lack of talent.

Well, cheese, we shall see.

I have a higher regard for McCarthy than some here. You don't win your division almost every year and contend for a SB annually with just a an elite QB and smoke and mirrors. I think this squad has a lot of talent and with our schedule we should make another SB run this season. Make the playoffs and anything can happen.

Well, cheese, we shall see.

I have a higher regard for McCarthy than some here. You don't win your division almost every year and contend for a SB annually with just a an elite QB and smoke and mirrors. I think this squad has a lot of talent and with our schedule we should make another SB run this season. Make the playoffs and anything can happen.

Probably 'just' an elite QB would require smoke and mirrors, ala Marino. However, when one acknowledges the level of talent and (this year) the schedule, making the playoffs doesn't seem like THAT big of a task. The most frustrating thing, for some of us, is the last sentence - the 'anythings' that have happened, except in that one golden case, have been not just disappointing, but gut-wrenching. Those are the times that I'd expect a superior coach to have the team come through.

Back