2024 Draft Thread

i'm not picking on you, gbp, but which is it? is the combine totally meaningless except for player interviews and medicals, or did kinchen's horrible performance at the combine push him down teams' draft boards?
I think you do poor at the combine it can hurt you. That's why I think you see a lot of players now skip a lot of these drills as it's likely better not to do them at all and just go by what you did on tape then run a drill and do poorly. A bad drill will hurt you more then a good drill will help you IMO.

It's ultimately hard to say because we don't know where they were to begin with. Who knows, maybe teams weren't surprised by the workout numbers, maybe they saw it on tape. Maybe they didn't care to begin with and still don't. I think with S in particular, I don't know how highly overall the league values that spot unless the player is a slam dunk. Brian Branch, people had him top 10 in mocks, he played for a big program and played that hybrid safety/nickel position that's so important in the league now and he was there in the mid second because of these athletic issues that teams weren't all sold on. There's also a major tendency toward groupthink with certain guys one way or the other.

This is legit freak show stuff from a guy his size. And he pulled a hammy during the 40 before this…

with the recent changes to pfn's ranking of prospects, it is impossible to get both kinchens and barton.

1709660278713.png

Back