2024 Draft Thread

I appreciate the commitment to the DL. Without getting into who might go where, I do think Verse is smaller than GB's type in the 1st. They seem to like guys around 270+ and Verse is about 20lbs under that. I like Barton and Benson. Fiske is interesting because he seems like a mid round type of guy but he tested through the roof at the combine so maybe there's more meat on the bone there.

Those picks are a crap shoot, give yourself multiple swings at it. Also I don't want to overestimate the roster after last year, they should keep adding competition and depth wherever they can.
Agree, lots of guys to choose from here to add depth later... we actually make better hay late so let Gute go wild.

You never know when someone in those last 3 rounds will make a name for themselves. A prime example is Purdy for the 49ers. Mr. Irrelevant. Last player picked.

Mark Tauscher was a 7th round pick. Get one or two anywhere close to what he offers and those picks become a gold mine.

Agree, lots of guys to choose from here to add depth later... we actually make better hay late so let Gute go wild.

Yup, packaging 2 or 3 of those 6th and 7th Rd picks doesn't actually get you more than a 5th. At that point in the draft they are pretty much all crapshoot picks anyway, though I have to admit Gute has been pretty good in the 5th Rd the past 3 drafts. Still, there are enough depth holes on this team that I'd like a few more swings to fill them.

GB qualified for a net loss comp pick but was not given a pick.

Back