2024 Draft Thread

i had been reading that the packers would be almost guaranteed a 4th round comp pick and possibly even a 3rd. kind of disappointed that the best we got was a 5th. oh well, like everyone has already said, once you get past the 3rd round a pick is a pick. sometimes things work out and more often or not the players never make it to their second contract.

@DaireCarragher

The Packers have now been awarded 46 compensatory picks since free agency was invented 30 years ago. That’s the 2nd most of any NFL team. They are gaining on the Ravens who have 54 all time (1 this year).

i had been reading that the packers would be almost guaranteed a 4th round comp pick and possibly even a 3rd. kind of disappointed that the best we got was a 5th. oh well, like everyone has already said, once you get past the 3rd round a pick is a pick. sometimes things work out and more often or not the players never make it to their second contract.
Lazard played like a bum. Signed a big deal but did crap so probably only reason why GB got a 5th out of him.

You never know when someone in those last 3 rounds will make a name for themselves. A prime example is Purdy for the 49ers. Mr. Irrelevant. Last player picked.

Mark Tauscher was a 7th round pick. Get one or two anywhere close to what he offers and those picks become a gold mine.
You don't need to go that far back. Rasheed Walker, GB's current starting LT, was a 7th round pick in 2022. Wicks was a 5th. Karl Brooks a 6th. Carrington Valentine, taking starting snaps at CB, was a 7th. Most guys in that range don't work out but it helps to have multiple bites at the apple in the 5th-7th for that reason.

Something about Jordan Morgan gives me Jason Spriggs vibes.

So now with Campbell gone GB has a bigger need for LB. I have seen Edgerrin Cooper in 2nd round would he be a good choice at 41 to be the WIL

With Runyan gone and Jacobs and McKinney here, it's starting to look like the first round comes down to either OL or CB, whichever falls to them. Those early safeties aren't part of the plan at pick #25 anymore. Now I'd love to see a Cole Bishop to play the box safety role and/or maybe a Tykee Smith to play slot, but those guys are late Day 2 or early Day 3 guys, though Bishop seems to be getting pushed up on a lot of boards now after an outstanding Combine.

With Runyan gone and Jacobs and McKinney here, it's starting to look like the first round comes down to either OL or CB, whichever falls to them. Those early safeties aren't part of the plan at pick #25 anymore. Now I'd love to see a Cole Bishop to play the box safety role and/or maybe a Tykee Smith to play slot, but those guys are late Day 2 or early Day 3 guys, though Bishop seems to be getting pushed up on a lot of boards now after an outstanding Combine.
I’m willing to bet that S is still a priority for them if a good one falls their way..

Back