Wisconsin Football: The good, the bad, & the ugly vs. Michigan

I stand with previous comments it's BOTH administrative AND within the team. I hope I am wrong but don't be shocked if it plays out that way.
would not shock me either. I lean it more administrative, has been for years and impacted things internally for the last 3-4 years. I think team issues are isolated, some bad fits and I can think of 2-3 right off the top of my head, and one transferred last year

and surrounding states like Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois do not help either, its the larger footprint
Being midwest school and not a big name like OSU/UM stuck taking that kind of talnet.

Being midwest school and not a big name like OSU/UM stuck taking that kind of talnet.
To be fair they have since the BB days recruited Florida, Texas and California but its a struggle for obvious reasons. Herbig is from Hawaii so its getting talent but not on the elite level

To be fair they have since the BB days recruited Florida, Texas and California but its a struggle for obvious reasons. Herbig is from Hawaii so its getting talent but not on the elite level
Yeah but those southern kids it's pretty much getting the leftovers from the SEC. Let's be honest weather and things to do in WI/Madison don't make a easy sell to kids to play there.

Yeah but those southern kids it's pretty much getting the leftovers from the SEC. Let's be honest weather and things to do in WI/Madison don't make a easy sell to kids to play there.
True but BB made some inroads, Alex Collins was UW bound before he left for Arkansas, Brissett was a lock before his mom got in the way.

Why I LOVE Matt C for the UW job beyond culture? Look at this play by the formation and the FB lead....it's still pistol. Power, balance yet fits his QB temperament. I know it won't happen but an example of why it should.

Reactions: TW
Why I LOVE Matt C for the UW job beyond culture? Look at this play by the formation and the FB lead....it's still pistol. Power, balance yet fits his QB temperament. I know it won't happen but an example of why it should.

I like Campbell just as much as you do but it’s another example of how far can a guy like that take you with limited resources. ISU is 3-2 this year, looked like crap and escaped vs Northern Iowa and was damn close to 2-3. I understand and agree on the culture thing but ISU is really in the same crossroads as 90% of P5 programs. Can they compete with Texas and / or Oklahoma year in and out in a old Big 12? Probably not. It’s one reason he’s out of Ames in the next 2-3 years because of its ceiling. Don’t blame him not the first guy. Won’t be the last.

I think they dynamics of a coach can also open up doors for recruiting. The bigger your name in the media, the better chance you have of landing players. I'd bet that a call from Nick Saban has a lot more impact than if Chryst called, unless you're a Wisconsin area kid.

Charisma means a lot.

I think they dynamics of a coach can also open up doors for recruiting. The bigger your name in the media, the better chance you have of landing players. I'd bet that a call from Nick Saban has a lot more impact than if Chryst called, unless you're a Wisconsin area kid.

Charisma means a lot.
You win you get players you can flash a bunch or rings kids will be like ooooo

Reactions: TW
Back